St1300 electric screen limit micro-switches ABJ29084

I have just remedied a non functioning St1300 power screen

Symptoms: wouldn't go down but would go up........turned out to be the lower limit micro-switch

Part number of the original switch is ABJ29084 Matsushita

Replacement part is a Panasonic ABJ261460, which can be obtained from RS components for £7. The switch is identical in every way but comes with three wires

Cut the white wire off (normally open) and voila you have the red and black wire to solder and your done

Hope this helps peeps out, safe riding

OP
OP
Wasn't going to pay £350+vat to Mr Honda for the complete assembly

Anyway it's more interesting fixing stuff

Lightly greased the mechanism whilst I was there

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Wasn't going to pay £350+vat to Mr Honda for the complete assembly

Anyway it's more interesting fixing stuff

Lightly greased the mechanism whilst I was there

Can't blame you there for such a minor part! :cool:

Bike
2010 ST1300
Replacement part is a Panasonic ABJ261460,
Great find! Just curious, how did you match up the OEM switch with the Panasonic? I did a google search and was quickly buried in all the variations available.

OP
OP
Great find! Just curious, how did you match up the OEM switch with the Panasonic? I did a google search and was quickly buried in all the variations available.
I downloaded the ABJ micro-switch PDF document and spent 4hrs matching sizes as best I could

Ultimately it was as a calculated risk but one that was worth it for £7

I'm looking for one of these Panasonic switches too, but it looks like they're discontinued on the RS Components website. Has anyone been able to find one of these recently?
Thanks!

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
My lower switch is acting up. It goes in and out at times.

Has anyone else found a replacement limit switch for us to use?

Bike
2010 ST1300
I just did a quick google search for the Panasonic part number. There were several hits, one said it was discontinued another was the RS electronics shop in the UK.

What you need, is either the original part - that might be very hard to get - or something similar that you can secure to the framework (hopefully using the original mounting). I'd suggest you go online to Newark electronics and look at their offerings. Take careful measurements of your switch, mounting holes, etc. and start cruising through the link I gave you to the microswitches they have available. Each switch has an accompanying Data Sheet. Click on that and you get specifications and dimensioned drawings. You need a normally closed switch (that means it opens or turns off when the button is pushed). If you find one that works that is N.O./N.C. it will have 3 wires or terminals, you just eliminate the one that is normally open.

The OP said he spent 4 hours looking. Newark has 2900 different switches, I'd think a whole lot of them will be quickly eliminated by just scanning the picture. One other caveat. I think they might have a minimum order...you can probably find others here who want to buy a spare one or two to go in with you to buy enough to hit their minimum.

This is what comes up if you search for that part number in post 1 above: https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/315/Panasonic_ARMCS01739_1-1197067.pdf If you plug in the numbers you get a complete description of the switch.

Top Bottom