Still a slight blow...

Bike
ST1100
Today I was under my bike covering a few bits of flaky exhaust with exhaust joint putty, to stave off replacing the full exhaust system for a year or two. (There is still plenty good metal on it, just a couple of flakes too). Anyway, where the right silencer joins the collector, there still feels like there is a slight blow somewhere. It is less than comes from the drain hole in the silencers, but still audible. I can't feel where it might be coming from, there are no obvious gaps in the putty that I might have missed. Just wondering if it might be in the joint, and if anyone else has had problems in that area. Or if with it being so slight that just waiting til it becomes more noticeable could be worthwhile?

***edit - spelling was terrible.

robbomeister

Robbo
Bike
ST1100
STOC #
You could do the old gas fitter's test and use a thick soap solutin to see if you can pinpoint the leak, or follow my lead and get good earplugs!
Robbo

OP
OP
Bike
ST1100
Well, I have now found the blow, rather successfully. The left exhaust silencer link pipe is snapped in two pieces. (I hadn't missed this or being thick, it has just happened today). So, now shopping for a new exhaust. The front section is in fairly bad condition anyway, so am going to go for a complete new SS exhaust. Probably Delkevic for price.

Top Bottom