Taking the plunge

STOC #
OK so I am joining the ranks here that have went from a st to a wing, I have a question to y'all about the headsets, did any of you have autocom headsets and will the plug into the wings on board connector or no?

I intend to keep the autocom for other reasons like the phone for one but was curiose to know if the cables were the same.

Good move, but I am biased :D

No, the autocom headsets won't plug directly into the wing as the headsets use active mics (they're powered) and wings intercom is designed for passive mics. However, you can buy adapters from autocom that they mean you can use them on the wings intercom and retain all the goodness such as vox etc.

Hope that helps,

Thanks Dave I will be taking ownership this wed. I am getting the 2007 audio comfort navi model, my dealer is not open on mondays and the bike was still in the crate when I made the deal on saturday. The dealer had a 2007 silver and a 2006 gold on the floor, they have not been able to get the 2006 sold yet. The wife did not care for another silver vechicle as we have two now lol. We are getting the orange met. I seen the adapter on the autocom site but the usa page does not really explain it very well as to just what it does, I will have to check the uk site maybe they have more info on it?

Paul

Another option to you is to install the whole Autocom intercom unit. I'm not really up on them but I know that there is a way to install the Autocom and still use all the other 'wing functions. Some people swear by this as there's no doubt the Autocom is a better system than the 'wings. The wing's intercom mics are always on meaning that you pick up noise from them even when no one is talking. It was so bad on ours that it helped us identify my wifes helmet didn't fit properly. With correct fitting helmets it's much better but I still fitted mic-mutes which mean the mics can be switched off completely from the rider and passenger PTT switches.

Regards,

I've been riding Sport touring for 10 years now...
and I first took a test ride on GL1800 this past weekend
I have to admit, I didn't know what I was missing!
I thought it would be like driving a couch!
I don't think I miss any "fun factor", I was amazed how well she handled!
I too am taking the plunge,but Ithink in a couple years down the road I will
probably have another ST as well!

Wow!
Two new moderators!
Joe is going to be sooooooo pleased!

:)

Don't worry if you like the wing... I've followed Joe and IMHO they do just fine in the twisties.

Mark

I installed the autocom tonight, I like the way they allready set up a accessory terminal for you!! routing the cable under all the tupperware was fun but I think it went well. I like the st for ease in removal of the seat though!!! :mad: Love the bike, The brakes are not as responsive as the ST but they seem to be getting better maye they needed to scrub in some??

The torque is awesome, I was not ready for the clutch to engage so close to the bar and we started rolling without any throttle being applied the St would have stalled for sure.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom