That tire is just so wide.....

Yep... big, wide, lots of traction and great miles per dollar.

I won't be going back to a m/c tire on the rear until the bike is totaled and I buy a new one. Then the first thing I'll do is replace the tire.

Hello ,
I would like to try the darkside. What is a good tire to start with ? I live around alot of oil and chip roads and ride year round THANKS !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See post #1. Just do what Bama did.
I'm running the Hancok same as posted here. works great so far.

Hankook is a good safe and cost effective way to start. Fits most of the ST1300's with no need to custom fit.

Phil:

Does the Hankook tire fit onto the OEM ST1300 rear wheel?

Michael

Yep. 205/50R17 will fit a stoc ST1300 rim.

No guarantees all makes of that size will clear the swing arm, but the Hankook seems to be more compatible than most.

I've now switched over to a Goodyear Triple Tred. Like the stiffer sidewall and longer tread life, but it is twice the price and less chance of fitting without some finesse.

You ST1300 darksiders make me jealous! ;)

One day, maybe I'll do the GL1500 wheel swap to go dark on my ST11.

Not trying to start a fire here, but some of you know I had a crash this past weekend. My rear tire (Pirelli Sport Demon MC)on the Nighthawk lost traction in acceleration on a simple turn. We went for a 50 yard slide. Wasn't going to mention it, but I made that exact same turn on my ST with (Hankook CT) earlier that morning with no problems. I don't think it was a coincidence.

Here is a Really Wide Tire! I briefly thought about a CT for my ST at one time, but I don't put enough miles on my 1300 to justify it. Just out of curiosity, how do you "shave" the swing arm, use a file? In case I ever start riding more and reconsider a CT, how much metal is removed from each side of the swing arm (when needed)?

Attachments

• wide tire.jpg
    wide tire.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Not trying to start a fire here, but some of you know I had a crash this past weekend. My rear tire (Pirelli Sport Demon MC)on the Nighthawk lost traction in acceleration on a simple turn. We went for a 50 yard slide. Wasn't going to mention it, but I made that exact same turn on my ST with (Hankook CT) earlier that morning with no problems. I don't think it was a coincidence.

Umm... I think you got it backwards. Everyone knows a C/T will slide crash and burn before a M/T will.
Well.. everyone else that is...

Thanks for the help guys !!!
I ordered a Hankook tire ,
All balls rear wheel bearing kit,
Progressive 465 rear
Then i will find out for myself if puppies are tortured and nuns are fondeled !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom