the miles per gallon numbers are not showing

Did I touch something and erase this?
I did not see today how many miles per gallon my bike was making.
The square dots telling me how much gas is left in the tank are showing.
Tomorrow I'll check the owner's manual just in case
Any suggestions?

Bike
2013 ST1300A
Yes it should be in the manual, you have the option to turn the mpg off

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Cycle through the options in the FCD button on the left hand side. I'll post a pic in a minute.

1679209683839.png

On my Uk bike I have the option of changing the display between miles and km. To do this, the display has to show no indication first, then it switches when you hold it in for a long time.

Holding the FCD button when the Average reading is showing, will reset the start point for the average mpg calculation.

Last edited:

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
Top tip there John. :thumb:

Been wondering how to change it to mpg since last summer!

Last edited:
OP
OP
leonides
Cycle through the options in the FCD button on the left hand side. I'll post a pic in a minute.

1679209683839.png

On my Uk bike I have the option of changing the display between miles and km. To do this, the display has to show no indication first, then it switches when you hold it in for a long time.

Holding the FCD button when the Average reading is showing, will reset the start point for the average mpg calculation.

Yes I checked the manual and this must be the problem, there is a blank step.
I think I fix it.
As always thank you a lot to all.
P.B.

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur

1679209683839.png

A footnote to this. My Uk July 2002 ST1300A shows miles per gallon,not litres. There is no option to change to kms per litre.

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
Just double checked mine and note it's reading Miles per Litre, not MP Gallon.

There might be some more button pressing involved here to get MPG...

My ST is a 2010 A9 model.

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
Just double checked mine and note it's reading Miles per Litre, not MP Gallon.

There might be some more button pressing involved here to get MPG...

My ST is a 2010 A9 model.
I think you will only get Miles Per Litre or Kms per Litre on your model.
I don't know for sure, but suspect that the very early models only came with MPG. It would be interesting to hear from anyone else with a 2002, although that probably rules out North American owners, as 2003 was the earliest year they were imported. I think @ad.hom owns a 2002, so he may chime in.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
That's correct. It might have something to do with the sale of fuel being required to be measured in litres.

I don't suppose that Honda ever thought that many of us have to convert 10 miles per litre to about 45 miles per gallon (uk) before it means anything to us.

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
Been messing around with the buttons this morning and I've managed to get the "mile" showing - but without the "L" lit up in the "km/L" window.

However, has anyone noticed there is a "GAL" showing just after the word "mile" but it will not illuminate?

This might be the way of getting MPG ~ There are no details of this on P33 in our little Owners Manual.

I can't check if it works at present as I'm SORN until 1st April but it would be good if someone could try it out.

DSCN0158.JPG

Last edited:
Bike
2002 ST1300A
Holding the button in blank state toggles from “km/l” to “l/100km” (what we’re used to in Europe).

That’s on my 2002 ST1300A (European model).

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
Update: That didn't work, I put the bike on the main stand, fired her up, put into 1st gear and ran for 20 seconds or so with just "mile" illuminated then the "L" lit up too. :doh1:

Top Bottom