Thoughts on a Princess Auto MC jack for an ST1300

I too agree w/ @Igofar , however, I was told many years ago to never trust a hydraulic jack to hold a weight up in the air. I was also instructed to relieve pressure on the hydraulics after the weight was supported by solid blocking. In Larry's case, once the jack holding the HD up was locked, the bleed screw should have been opened, then no messy garage floor from squirted hyd. fluid. This would not have prevented failure when he was lowering the bike, and perhaps it was a fortuitous failure since the bike did not fall. Had the hyd seals failed when lowering, the bike/lift would have come down w/ catastrophic results. Larry, where were those two guys who steal HD's by picking them up, tossing them in the back of a pickup, and driving away?

...where were those two guys who steal HD's by picking them up, tossing them in the back of a pickup, and driving away?
They didn't tell you what model of Harley-Davidson they were picking up and tossing in the truck. A photo of the model they stole is below.

Michael

Tiny Harley.jpg

Top Bottom