Tip Over Bars

Bike
2007 ST1300
Hope this is posted in the correct area...

Going to be installing a set of rear tip over bars soon.
Does Honda use a thread sealing compound (i.e. Loctite) on the bolts?

Not that I have seen. On the 1300, you need to support the rear frame when removing those bolts for the bars.

ToddC

Not that I've seen either, but I don't think mother Honda ever put the rear tip over bars on the ST's. Some dealers do, pot'stir .
I suggest replacing one bolt at a time so as to not lose the alignment, but loosen all 4. If you pull two, both on the same side you may have to fight to put it back together.

Not that I've seen either, but I don't think mother Honda ever put the rear tip over bars on the ST's. Some dealers do, pot'stir .
I suggest replacing one bolt at a time so as to not lose the alignment, but loosen all 4. If you pull two, both on the same side you may have to fight to put it back together.
Thanks... Yep looking at the construction U can see where the frame would drop of both bolts were removed without any support from underneath. Thanks ToddC and DaveDavid

The original fixing bolts there do not have a locking agent on them.

If you take out both bolts simultaneously, you will just need to give the tail end a little yank upwards to get the holes aligned again. If you are using the adapter plates, both have to be out at some point, just be quick and don't go shaking the bike around. I've done it plenty of times, the bike wont fall apart... no if all four come out at the same tine... you're on your own. ;)

One bolt at a time, bottom one removed, start new bolt do not tighten, remove second bolt, swing up tip over bar insert other bolt.

I'm a big fan of BLUE Loctite on everything that doesn't need to be disassembled regularly. The blue Loctite will let go when you want to remove the bolt. The red or white stuff is damn hard to remove unless you can put heat to it. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom