Tomtom rider 400 mounting to a st1300 2004

Bike
St1300
I am very happy with the tomtom rider 400 on my honda crossrunner so it makes sense to get a second tomtom mount for my st1300. Its all fairly straightforward stuff, but any suggestions for mountings that work well with st bars would be appreciated.
Many thanks.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I mounted mine up on a shelf/bar I built on top of the dashboard. I have 3 Ram balls up there to mount various devices, usually a cell phone and GPS ( Garmin). It is right below my line of sight, and is easy to glance at without looking away from the road too much. I had it down lower, mounted on the handlebar riser, but it was distracting( and dangerous) to look at it.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I always preferred the gps on the ST to be mounted on the left handlebar via the ram reservoir clamps. That allowed me to actually touch it easily w/left hand without having to reach for it on the dash. Seemed to work well for me and my Tyrannosaurus Rex arms.. lol

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
I always preferred the gps on the ST to be mounted on the left handlebar via the ram reservoir clamps. That allowed me to actually touch it easily w/left hand without having to reach for it on the dash. Seemed to work well for me and my Tyrannosaurus Rex arms.. lol
I've had to do that on my Wing for lack of finding a better way to mount it high and center.

I prefer the high central location on my ST because I can see it without taking my eyes off the road. But then again, having it on my left handlebar keeps me in a habit of moving my eyes around (ahead... scan left... ahead... scan right... repeat), so I guess there's pros and cons to every setup.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I've had to do that on my Wing for lack of finding a better way to mount it high and center.

I prefer the high central location on my ST because I can see it without taking my eyes off the road. But then again, having it on my left handlebar keeps me in a habit of moving my eyes around (ahead... scan left... ahead... scan right... repeat), so I guess there's pros and cons to every setup.
Absolutely... I like the verbal ques the gps gives me so I rarely look at it other than to know how far away my next turn is.

OP
OP
A44rider
Bike
St1300
Well a picture is worth a thousand words in this case. There are certainly pros and cons for these suggestions, so I am sure to find something that suits me. Many thanks to all. Being an eyes on the road type guy and happy to listen to guidance rather than eyeball the gps (like mellow), I now have a couple of choices. I am new to pans so this is all good info.
Cheers!

Bike
2012 GL 1800
STOC #
I mounted mine between the bars. I did not like it stuck high on the bar. I can just take a quick glance at it just like looking at the gauge cluster. I had bar risers and used the screws were there. I used a RAM ball mount with a short arm and lock. It worked for me. This is a old photo, but I mounted my ZUMO the same way.P9120008.JPG

Top Bottom