two spare bolts ???

Why I always take photos prior to dismantling things :)

You wrote:
"where i was working (front end)"

The "front end" could be defined differently by folks ... for you, is that the "front wheel" only ?

OP
OP
john_needs_a_bike
Looks like they’re from around the headlight surround one holds the headlight I believe and the other is from the back of where the two fairings meet around the headlight
yeah thats i've had the front plastics off to get to the back of the instrument panel, thanks for that, i'll dismantle it again and have another look

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Normally, those Pan head allen key shoulder bolts are used for the fairing - the shoulder is to stop you clamping the fairing plastic. They normally tighten into a captive thread. That is quite a large shoulder so will go through a thicker part of the fairing - like this one for the underbelly.

90113mm5000

Over time, those clip-on captive threads like 90312mt3000 get lost or cannot be used due to cracked fairing so another solution has to be found.

Google images for the number.

The shoulder bolt with the hex head has me stumped though. Again - something that needs to be held rather than clamped.

Last minute lightbulb - There is one something like that 90141sa7003 that holds the battery cradle.

None of these uses require nuts though. I think that you have 4 unknown pieces there, unless, as I suggested, a nut has had to be used instead of a captive thread.

jdmccright

Vendor
Bike
2000 ST1100
The bolt/nut on the right looks like it holds the two fairing halves together just above the headlight. Unsure of the left ones, but the flat panhead Allen bolts are usually used for the fairing though they usually have a shoulder and this one does not. It is short enough it might go to the surround inside the front wheel where it gets pretty thin.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
That's easy -
The hex head one is right above the headlight in the center and holds the two upper fairings together.
BTW, this one will not completely 'tighten up'.
The other one is one of two that hold the upper fairings to the front of the headlight.
These all 'live' under the black garnish\grey cover.

Last edited:
Top Bottom