• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

TX: A to Z (Round 16)

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Re: TX: A to Z (Round 6)

Hey, that's just 2 miles from my house!

Joe, you should have stopped by... could of used some help in the yard. ;)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Hey, that's just 2 miles from my house!

Joe, you should have stopped by... could of used some help in the yard. ;)
LOL It was a bit warm.. 80 ish early on the way to OK and stopped to see Mom, then it was 105 and never dropped below 100 the whole way back, I don't think I would have been good in the yard for something other than a sprinkler holder.

Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT

LOL It was a bit warm.. 80 ish early on the way to OK and stopped to see Mom, then it was 105 and never dropped below 100 the whole way back, I don't think I would have been good in the yard for something other than a sprinkler holder.
Did you drive back down 289 (Preston Rd) through Frisco? If so, I was at the redlight next to Dairy Queen while you were waiting for the cross light (heading south) to turn green. I was in my truck, thought about honking, but I was far enough away I would've disturbed Barry Manilow in your Sena 20S and you probably wouldn't have known where it came from. (Silver Neotec? 20S? Hi-viz Jacket?).

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Did you drive back down 289 (Preston Rd) through Frisco? If so, I was at the redlight next to Dairy Queen while you were waiting for the cross light (heading south) to turn green. I was in my truck, thought about honking, but I was far enough away I would've disturbed Barry Manilow in your Sena 20S and you probably wouldn't have known where it came from. (Silver Neotec? 20S? Hi-viz Jacket?).
That was me, I missed my turn somewhere to get to the tollway and was going towards the mall... nooooooo!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

I'm not planning to go for the "Y" this time around, probably not for the "Z" either, too dogone hot to ride very far. I should be ready to post an "A" for the start of round 7 if no one beats me to it,,,

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

I could probably get a Y before then if it was October 13th instead of August 13th, but think I'll let someone else have it. Too hot for an Old Guy to ride very far on a M//C with no A/C :D

mstrong01

Site Supporter
Bike
96 ST1100
STOC #

I can get a Y Monday morning, earliest I can get there.
Well, work had a different idea. Got called in Monday, and Tuesday morning. Got home today around 2pm, kept telling myself "Oh, its not too hot to ride." 120 mile round trip and 3 bottles of water later (2 I drank, 1 I poured inside my jacket) here is your "Y":

Yarrelton.jpg

The bustling metropolis of Yarrellton!

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #

The bustling metropolis of Yarrellton!
Good one! Never heard of Yarrellton. Doesn't even show up on Google maps but the TSHA has a write-up about it. Nice find.

Last edited:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Nice! the big Z is next.. wish I could get some time to get it.

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #

Way to go Gary! On to Texas Round 7!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Re: TX: A to Z (Round 7)

A - Allen
Allen2.jpg
Joe, you beat me again! I just rode between 1-2 miles from my house to get an 'A' to post, only to find you had already posted one.

BTW, the AISD (Alief ISD) school bus parking lot is on the other side of the fence across my backyard, but the lot is secured any time the buses aren't in use, so I can't take advantage of that non-op.

Last edited:
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT
Re: TX: A to Z (Round 7)

Joe, you beat me again! I just rode between 1-2 miles from my house to get an 'A' to post, only to find you had already posted one.
Sorry Don. I had originally taken a pic of the Allen Highschool football stadium but it is too dark to make out the "Allen High" sign. The buses were a back up in the same parking lot.

I've got C standing by.

Top Bottom