UK ST1300 Alarm removed

Bike
ST1300 '08
Evening all (UK time :))

Had a problem starting after the battery was had died. Connected an optimate, then didn't realise I had pulled the cable out in passing.

Had the bike on charge for a week, but couldn't get it started. I had had an issue with the averto alarm in the past, with the remote batteries seemingly not lasting long. Changed batteries, but nothing.

Following the instructions to get out of sleep mode, re-learn fobs etc. Still nothing.

Bit the bullet and removed the alarm. Was straight forward once I got enough tupperware off.

Still nothing.

With the alarm connected, Neutral, Oil, and ABS lights came on, then when the fob was pressed, the F1 light came on. All disconnected and still no F1 light or starting.

Put in key and HISS light goes out. You can hear the fuel pump/solenoid, but no start. Doesn't turn over.

Tried bump starting it as well. You can hear the engine turning but doesn't catch. Almost as if there is no fuel or kill switch is on, but I have checked both.

Need to get it working to bypass the Glastonbury traffic this week, and then sell it.

Any ideas, TIA.

PS - I know my avatar is a ST1100P. I upgraded to the 1300, but miss that 1100.

Last edited:
Top Bottom