Valentine1 Question

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
I've got a V-1 radar detector that I monitor through my headphones. There is a wire that runs from the remote audio adapter to the radar unit that is in essence, a 4 conductor telephone wire. About once every year or two I have to replace the wire because the little plastic tab that keeps the "telephone wire" plugged in to the unit breaks. My problem is that sometimes when I buy a wire it works fine but about half the time it won't. In all cases I purchase wires that have only 4 conductors like the wire that comes with the unit from the factory. It's as if some of the metal conductors have no corresponding wire in the cord.

Is there some difference in 4 conductor, generic telephone wires that would explain my hit or miss luck with getting a replacement wire for my V-1??? The latest 4 conductor wire just purchased has four conductors and is labeled as a "modular extension cord". It no worky!!:confused:

What gives???

Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I wouldn't think that there'd be a difference in regular phone cords, but I'm not a phone cord expert. I have a V-1 and have had the same problem with the plastic tab breaking. The solution that's worked well for me is to buy a package of replacement plastic ends and just replace that. You can get a special crimping tool pretty inexpensively at Radio Shack. It's a breeze to replace them and probably a lot cheaper than buying new cords each time.

Bike
2006 ST1300
If you could confirm the pin-out, I'd be happy to make you a couple. Let me know.

Any length. Free.

C

Bike
2012 r1200rt
STOC #
you need to use a telephone line cord like goes from the wall to the phone INSTEAD of the handset cord that runs from the phone to the handset. each connecting piece has four wires but the one on the telephone line cord has a larger plastic insertion piece and will fit properly into the V1

Top Bottom