Vista Cruise

Has anyone had any experience with putting a Vista Cruise on a 05 ST13. What model of Vista Cruise works, etc. Someone told me I needed to drill a hole in the throttle housing but I don't like to drill holes.

Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
Mine is an 04 but i doublt there is any difference.

I purchased mine from California Sport touring. You have to do a little dremel work to get the diameter correct and the easiest way to keep the mount from rotating is to drill a little set hole.

I rotated ine so that the holw was in the large open area on the side. This resulted in my v/C being upside down but I actually like it better this way. I will try to post a few pics late tonight when I get home.

chris

dannyk

SISU an inner spirit
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I have a 05 and installed the vista cruise, didn't like to drill a hole either but the hurt is over now, used a dremel to fine tune the inside also, works like a charm, I used a small screw to anchor it to the switch housing. you need to remove the short part of the tab that would normally go between the throttle cables.

Here's what I did. Dremeled off little tab that goes between throttle cables.
Removed bar end weight. removed handlebar grip. "glued" vista cruise to housing using RTV silicone. let sit for 24 hours. re-installed grip and bar end.

Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
Upside Down Vista Cruise Pics

As I was saying, I mounted mine upside down and actually find it works better for me. YMMMV

This also allow the set screw to be located in a thicker piece of plastic in the housing. I also have the Symtec grip heaters installed without any interference or problems. When Riding I can flick the VC off with the tip of my index finger without having to rotate my hand.

Chris :04biker:

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2014 BMW 1200 GSW
STOC #
No drilling required.
I used 3M outdoor mounting 2 sided tape (from Home Depot0 to mount the Vista cruise to the housing.
Only stick the bottom half of the Vista Cruise to the throttle housing.
The top is then free to engage and disengage.

Andy

OP
OP
Thanks to all for your great suggestions. I will try the 3M tape idea first. If that won't work I'll bite the bullet and drill a hole.

Bike
'10 ST1300
STOC #
clmixon said:
As I was saying, I mounted mine upside down and actually find it works better for me. YMMMV

This also allow the set screw to be located in a thicker piece of plastic in the housing. I also have the Symtec grip heaters installed without any interference or problems. When Riding I can flick the VC off with the tip of my index finger without having to rotate my hand.

Chris :04biker:
With the thumb tab underneath do you have any clearance troubles? I too think it is more comfortable for me but have not decided how to attach it yet. :biker:

Top Bottom