What are the differences in the rear shock over the production run?

What are the differences in the rear shock over the production run?

If you order an aftermarket shock, it seems to fit all years of production on the 1100. However, there is a break after 94 I believe where the OEM part number varies. So what are the differences in the OEM units? They have to physically interchange or else the aftermarket companies wouldn’t have just one unit they sell across all model years.

I ask this because I can source a new OEM unit for a 2000 model, but not for mine which is a 1993.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what changed, could be spring rate, dampening or even the oil weight or bushings, but I believe you can interchange shocks among any year.

And I personally would buy aftermarket before an OEM replacement. Much better ride and adjustability. Check out Hagon.

I
I'm not sure what changed, could be spring rate, dampening or even the oil weight or bushings, but I believe you can interchange shocks among any year.

And I personally would buy aftermarket before an OEM replacement. Much better ride and adjustability. Check out Hagon.
lll do that.

My stocker blew out at 51k, spring rate was too soft anyhow. I bought a used progressive 420 as a stop gap because it was cheap, but the previous owner has what seems like a gold-wing spring on it. Hard to read but I think it says 485 lb. The ride is..... punishing. Total sag with the wife and I together is like 25mm.

Top Bottom