What is the easiest way to remove the ST1100 ABS Front Wheel Sensor?

Bike
ST1100
Does anyone know where the rear abs sensor cable goes and plugs into please? It disappears off the swing arm at the back off the engine, never to be seen again. Lol
Do I need to remove the air filter and housing to access it?
rear modulator connector should be under right-side plastic cover, definitely does not require to remove air filter

The rear abs sensor cable runs the full length of the swing arm, then appears to go up between the fuel tank and the back of the engine?

The rhs plastic panel that gives access to the rear brake mech and the shock absorber is off, but my abs sensor cable doesn't connect there and goes beyond it along the full length of the swingarm.

Also, I've unbolted and removed the grey metal cover on the wheel side of the differential. Does anyone know if it needs rtv silicone, etc when it goes back together?

Am concerned that the gear oil may leak out.

Thank you.

Attachments

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I've unbolted and removed the grey metal cover on the wheel side of the differential. Does anyone know if it needs rtv silicone, etc when it goes back together?
The OEM w/shop manual is an infinite source of information:
clean the mating surfaces of the case and cover thoroughly, and apply liquid sealant to them
chapter 12-7

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Also, I've unbolted and removed the grey metal cover on the wheel side of the differential. Does anyone know if it needs rtv silicone, etc when it goes back together?

Am concerned that the gear oil may leak out.
No sealant needed, dust cover only.

rear modulator connector should be under right-side plastic cover, definitely does not require to remove air filter
Well, it's finally back together. I've not gapped the sensor yet though. The connector is under the RHS plastic cover. It is a bright yellow 3 pin connector, as pictured.

Thank you to everyone who helped me. It's appreciated.

Attachments

Top Bottom