Wheel Chock advice

Bike
ST 1300
STOC #
I'm trailering my ST to Spokane Washington in September for a family reunion and some riding. I am looking for input on the most practical and inexpensive wheel chock for my 5x8 trailer. In some of my research, I've heard there are a couple of chocks on the market that dont require compressing the front suspension. Any feedback or experiences folks want to share?

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I built mine out of pressure treated 4x4s I had laying around. They come up high enough to suppurt the bike while I tie it down. Harbor Freight has a $39 version of the expensive ones, good deal that seems to work fine.

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
It doesn't take much, all you are trying to do is 'locate' the front wheel and keep it there:)

The ones that you don't have to compress your front forks with start at about $250. My buddy Ray uses the "Condor" brand. It's really cool, but the cool factor wouldn't cut the price factor, for me:)

I have trailered off a car trailer, using a tie down to wrap and secure the front wheel to a vertical and horizontal rail. Worked fine. I now have a 'yard sale' special that I paid $10 for that will do the deal. Just a 1/4" steel pipe frame with a couple of holes for screws on the bottom....

OP
OP
Bike
ST 1300
STOC #
thanks for the input Tom. I just found a unit at Harbor Freight for 39.00! Looks the same as the one's I've checked out that go for 139.00 plus....

Top Bottom