For Sale Would anyone be interested in replacement MCL batwing footpegs

slipclutchms

Vendor
Dylan, can you copy any existing blade if one is sent to you?
Hi Larry,

I have an MCL set I am cloning - that is what I have been working on, specifically just the swing out “wing” portion and associated hardware; seems most folks have the main mount portion still intact and just need the wing as they tend to break if the bike ever gets sleepy and takes a nap on its side haha.

That being said I am fairly certain the parts I am cloning are the last iteration from mcl -I am unclear if there were any running changes/generations of these. This is all in reguards to the 1300. I do not have any 1100 parts or other variations but would be happy to take a look at anything you have! Feel free to shoot me a pm or email @ slipclutchms@gmail.com

Thanks!
Dylan Spink

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
That being said I am fairly certain the parts I am cloning are the last iteration from mcl -I am unclear if there were any running changes/generations of these.
There were at least two version of MCL Highway Pegs, Gen I and Gen II.
The Gen II are mounted further forward than the Gen I. This was to allow a further forward foot position for people with longer legs.
As far as I know, but I am not certain, the blades were the same on both versions, only the mounting position was different.

MCL Highway Pegs Gen I.
MCL Highway Pegs Gen I.jpg

MCL Highway Pegs Gen II.
MCL Highway Pegs Gen II.jpg

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I do not have any 1100 parts or other variations but would be happy to take a look at anything you have! Feel free to shoot me a pm or email @ slipclutchms@gmail.com
Dylan, I will send you a pic or two when I can take some.

I am interested in duplicating no-longer-made PSR blades for the ST1100.

I have a good blade I could send you, and ask you to make a mirror-image pair.

I could also send you a pair of mounting brackets if you can duplicate them.

I would, of course, want all of the original parts returned.

slipclutchms

Vendor
Andrew - Yes of course! I remember now! I suspect you are correct that the blades are the same but would certainly be great to confirm.

I have a GEN 1 I believe - so if anyone has a GEN 2 Mount, I would be happy to send along a blade to verify fitment.

Larry - Sounds great, shoot me some pics when you get a minute. I would be pleased to machine anything you need.

Best,
Dylan

Andrew - Yes of course! I remember now! I suspect you are correct that the blades are the same but would certainly be great to confirm.

I have a GEN 1 I believe - so if anyone has a GEN 2 Mount, I would be happy to send along a blade to verify fitment.

Larry - Sounds great, shoot me some pics when you get a minute. I would be pleased to machine anything you need.

Best,
Dylan
Dylan-
Mine are Gen 2. I can remove a mount and drop it off if needed (the bike is somewhat disassembled for winter R&R anyway). I will likely be over your way sometime this weekend. Let me know!
Jim

slipclutchms

Vendor
Just made a post in the Vendor section! Blades are ready to ship!

Jim / Eric - yours are in the mail :)

Attaching a pretty picture of the first batch in process that I didn't post in the vendor thread.

I must say what a pleasure it was to reverse engineer these parts. I can tell that these were designed by an engineer and a damn fine one at that. I did my best to honor the detail and care that went into the original and hope that shows in my offering.

Talk soon everyone!
Dylan

Attachments

ELC

Bike
2012 ST1300A
Hey Dylan, that's a really sharp bike in your profile picture.......................................;)

Bike
2010 ST1300
Just made a post in the Vendor section! Blades are ready to ship!
Dylan, someone else here was interested in an aluminum piece with a RAM ball to replace the plastic cover between the handlebars (atop the steering axis). I don't know if you are doing this for love or to make some money, but you might consider this item as well. I made one for my bike with a crude Harbor Fright milling machine (you would get a good belly laugh if you saw it) and a belt sander. It came out very nice, but there was a lot of hand work involved. CNC would be the way to go.... I drilled mine for a powerlet, but MCL sold these with a RAM ball mounted.

Last edited:

slipclutchms

Vendor
Dylan, someone else here was interested in an aluminum piece with a RAM ball to replace the plastic cover between the handlebars (atop the steering axis). I don't know if you are doing this for love or to make some money, but you might consider this item as well. I made one for my bike with a crude Harbor Frigh milling machine (you would get a good belly laugh if you saw it) and a belt sander. It came out very nice, but there was a lot of hand work involved. CNC would be the way to go.... I drilled mine for a powerlet, but MCL sold these with a RAM ball mounted.
Awesome - thank you for the tip! And hey - it is a poor craftsman that blames his tools :) It is pretty incredible what you can make with a grinder sander and drill press hahahaahaha.

MCL also had a version with both the Powerlet and the RAM ball.
I do vaguely recall having an ST with one of those - I think Heli still has an option to add that on some of there risers. Thanks!! DS

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I finally got myself, tools, and my bike in the same place at the same time, and got my blades off.

Now I have to find my peg-lowering blocks, pack it all up, and send it out.

Who has the cheapest shipping for heavy boxes?

Bike
2006 ST1300ABS
I’m interested, but can’t seem to find the price. Hopefully I can still purchase a pair. My original ones still work but one is banged up.
Thank you.

slipclutchms

Vendor
I’m interested, but can’t seem to find the price. Hopefully I can still purchase a pair. My original ones still work but one is banged up.
Thank you.
I started a thread in the vendors section with details - shoot me an email or PM and I will get you taken care of! They are $100 for a pair with all the mounting hardware and shipping is included :)

I’m interested also.
Same as above :)

I am ready to start making fixtures for the mounts themselves too so hopefully next week they will be ready to ship - I will have more details on that in the vendors thread soon.

Thank you!
Dylan

Bike
2006 ST1300A
FWIW - I had a set of Authentic Gen 2 Highway Blades mounted on my ST1300, and did not find them to be useful. Here are my findings:

1) I am 6'1 and found that using them off centered my balance. They are high and when you raise your leg and feet to use them, you tend to roll your butt back. Which cause some lower back discomfort.

2) I did not feel safe when using both at the same time. That is because it affects your seating position and raises your center of gravity.

3) I tended to use one at a time so as to keep at least one foot on the riding pegs. But, still caused seating imbalance.

For some, the highway pegs may work fine. But, they were not for me and I sold them here on the forum.

The best alternative were the Steed Sticks that mounted even more forward and lower. I wish that you could make some of them...

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
To respond with just my opinion for my body on my bike:

I'm 6'3", or at least I used to be, but I modified my seating position with a taller RDL seat and much taller handlebars, so the blades are less high up for me, relatively speaking. Plus, the PSR blades are known to position the feet farther away than average.

Yes, having a second foot location does change your butt's position, but that's why I like them. It allows for a change in pressure points, just for a while, and then I need to move my feet back down again. I also often use only one at a time, usually the right one.

As far as balance goes, I think most of us with them use them mainly on highways and roads with easy curves. When it gets twisty, my feet are definitely on the bike's pegs. When my feet are too far forward, I can't put enough weight on them to corner hard.

I would consider looking at the psr blades they are further forward and longer and they seem to hook round more. Stopping your boot from moving and only require a single mount at the front. If you start selling full kits I'm sure the UK market will snap them up as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom