Zippers?

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Consider each piece of clothing separately for a moment. Each one comes with a mating half in case you want to join it to another piece of clothing that happens to have either no zipper, or an incompatible one. The mating half zipper is intended to be sewn to the clothing you want to join with the zipper-equipped one.

Now, if the zippers of the two happen to mesh, then you're lucky, and you don't need either half zipper. If not, you can either do what I just described to either one of the incompatible pieces, or, if you're tall enough to take up the slack, sew the two half zippers together to make a sort of adapter.

Being the same brand, I would be very surprised if the two zippers do not mesh without needing either unattached half. Remember to hold them together with the proper orientation. If they don't mesh, I would contact Tourmaster and ask them why they don't, and what the proper fix is.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Your zippers connect one piece with the slider attached to the other piece without a slider. My guess is that Tourmaster gave you the spare pieces so you could use each of those with another brand of clothing by sewing the half not attached to the other brand.

Since your clothes both have the zipper half with the slider, I would guess Tourmaster made a mistake. Call their Customer service and ask them, or go back to your vendor and look at other examples of the pants and jacket. Just because both are Tourmaster does not necessarily mean they intended them to mate. Are pants and jacket from the same model line? For example, Klim makes a Kilimanjaro jacket that I assume (I do not own nor am I familiar with Klim's products) mates with their Kilimanjaro pants. The K jacket might not mate with other pants in their product line by design.

Top Bottom