KTM Supermoto 990

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Hi All - I've been eyeballing the KTM Supermoto 990. This looks like it would be a hoot!

Attachments

• ktm 2010 990 Supermoto.jpg
    ktm 2010 990 Supermoto.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 333
Looks like it would be a very fun bike to toy around with. It is also a nice looking ride! Are you going to get one soon??

:usflag1:

I had the thought of getting rid of a couple of bikes, but I am still on the fence on what to do. Each one I have serves a certain purpose. (I know, just like what others say) It's the licenses and insurance of all of them are getting expensive. I may sell, or trade in a couple of them for an awesome all around, with great upright riding position type bike - like the Supermoto. Of course, I'd still keep my ST... :)

2 of my friends just bought 990's. One bought the 990 SMT and the other bought the 990 Adventure.

I rode the SMT and it is a lot of fun. Plenty of power and feels like a big dirt bike on the street. It did take some extra input to get it lay over in the turns but other than that I felt comfortable right away on it. The only other thing that bugged me was the abrupt nose dive in between shifts. I think this was due to it being not broken in and too soft of compression in the forks. Wheelies over the top of hills were fun. You could get into a lot of trouble on one that's for sure.

The 990 Adv I didn't get a chance to ride yet. I did sit on it and it is super tall! I could barely touch tippy-toed on it even with a low seat on it. It's made for someone at least 6'5" or more for sure. Kind of dumb if you ask me for an Adventure bike.

2 of my friends just bought 990's. One bought the 990 SMT and the other bought the 990 Adventure.

I rode the SMT and it is a lot of fun. Plenty of power and feels like a big dirt bike on the street. It did take some extra input to get it lay over in the turns but other than that I felt comfortable right away on it. The only other thing that bugged me was the abrupt nose dive in between shifts. I think this was due to it being not broken in and too soft of compression in the forks. Wheelies over the top of hills were fun. You could get into a lot of trouble on one that's for sure...

Even more trouble than the ST??... Woo Boy! I had an XR 600 that I put on the street. I put a Baja Designs kit on it and licensed it. I love the way it felt on the street, although it was like horsin' a Harley through the woods. I'm not riding too much in the woods anymore. Nothing in the past three years... I thought a big "motard" would be the next best thing, plus maybe unloading a bike or two... Still undecided...

Interesting bike. I'd sure like to spend a day on one. A friend of mine has a KTM of some kind that he really likes, that and a Suzuki Vstrom. He's offered to let me ride it, just haven't taken him up on it yet.

I'd love to own one of those. They look like they are a blast to ride, however, I'm sure I would end up on Santa's naughty list:law2:

Yeah the Yamaha looks pretty interesting, but not to be disagreable, but the last Yamaha I had was so cold natured it was miserable, and I couldn't get the dealer or Yamaha to do anything.
I like the Yamaha sport tourer also but would sure be hesitant to purchase another one.
But the tenere sure looks good

I have the previous version-950 SMR--990 is punched out and FI, but still the basic LC8 motor. I love the bike and it does bring out the hooligan in you. Took it West this past July and rode all of Western CO, Southern UT and a few places in CA. Great do it all bike. I've heard the 990's can be a bit abrupt with the On/Off throttle response, but I haven't ridden one yet.

Hey....an excuse to post some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_3633.JPG
    IMG_3633.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 10
  • seq3.JPG
    seq3.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3522.JPG
    IMG_3522.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3624.JPG