Article [11] ST1100 - Police Switch Wiring

Thanks Phil, going to wire up a set of driving lights to my switch over the winter. Bought all the connector hardware to make a connector for the accessory plug. This will come in handy.

I use 1/2 for my heated grips, 4 for on/off heated gear, 5 for 4 way flashers (since US ST1100s didn't come with them! ;)).
With a DPDT and a SPDT relays, you can 'separate' 1 and 2 from each other (normally if 2 is on, 1 is on).
Also, if you look around, you can find female spade connectors that will fit into the Hitchachi green connector.
IIRC, the headlight on/off does not turn off the headlight on standards (easy wiring fix), but it does on the ABSIIs.

A little additional info:

... 4 way flashers (since US ST1100s didn't come with them! ;)).
IMO was there a reason they left that out: consider the strain those 4 times 21 Watts will have on the battery...
(either keep the engine running, or swap them to LEDs (no resistors, use electronic relay), but still do math on consumption, hence possible operation time before you're stranded with a drained battery...)

IMO was there a reason they left that out: consider the strain those 4 times 21 Watts will have on the battery...
(either keep the engine running, or swap them to LEDs (no resistors, use electronic relay), but still do math on consumption, hence possible operation time before you're stranded with a drained battery...)
IIRC, at least the UK ones had 4 ways and there are OEM parts for the switch and such ... ;)

Top Bottom