This is a Donk, mate.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Day 89...started early and cool @ 49 degrees

tYp06GSh.jpg

ST, NC, & FJR Forum member Donk from Wisc (yea the guy doing the Annual Hot Dog run) had traveled to North Carolina to pick up a used NC 750X and was coming thru my area. I promised to meet him part way and guide him thru southwestern Ohio, thru the maze known as Cincinnati, and into Indiana. He left Portsmouth, Ohio where he spent last night, at day break headed west on Oh St Rt 52/then St Rt 125 thru Shawnee State Forest and I did the same from my home headed east on St Rt 125, and we met in the middle in West Union, Ohio. After a delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs and meat, coffee for him, hot tea for me, at a local restaurant, we meandered down some curvy sw Ohio roads before picking up Rt 52, the Ohio River Scenic Byway. The Ohio River, with Kentucky just on the other side, was just receding from reaching flood stage last week and there was still a lot of water close to the road in many places. We took 52 to Cincinnati where we did a jig saw dance thru northern Kentucky and the city that left us on I-74 in Indiana headed toward his Wisc home.

On the way we stopped at 18th President Ulysses S Grant's birthplace in Point Pleasant. Amazing how humble and small houses were back then. To think someone born in that could become President of the United States. Would never happen today I don't think.

We stopped in St Leon, Indiana to remove some insulating layers, as the temp had risen to 79 degrees by noon, and had gotten a bit windy.

Since he knew his way home, some 400 more miles away from here, we said our goodbyes and he headed north west, while I headed south east back to home. Donk is a really nice guy it and was a pleasure to finally meet and ride a piece with him. Thanks for the company Donk! Good ride!

228 miles for me today

2 NC 750X's outside of the restaurant in West Union

sHWRrGdh.jpg

and a Ferret and a Donk lol

yBjtCsjh.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, it appears Donk's ride took him past me on the mileage tracker arrgghh :rofl1:

Well two days of him not updating his mileage and 2 days of me riding and reporting mine and I'm safely ahead again (by 5 miles) :rofl1:

Let's ride Donk!

I'm glad the Ferret wrote the ride report instead of me, he writes well. It was a great morning and super to be able to finally meet up with the Ferret. He went above and beyond leading me on a very nice ride then guiding me around Cincinnati. Rumor has it that there is a new motorcycle club, The Red Xs and I gotta tell you I had a blast at the first meeting. For those interested judging by the current membership meeting the standards of admission isn't too tough!

Ferret I hate to say it but I've been out riding and just updated my miles. I hope this game of leapfrog goes on all year!

Top Bottom