Bip & Go Auto Télépéage

Bike
VStrom 650
Ay up all us right siders.
Information required please on toll auto payments and the agencies selling the tags. Bip & Go being one.
Firstly though......the reason for asking is I hate stopping at tolls on a motorcycle. Having pulled the linings out of my wet gloves on more than one occasion and the general hassle of keeping the card and tickets handy etc I thought it might be time to explore auto payment for France and Italy for later this year.
So the question is, have you used the agencies, the systems, where do you put the tag? The sites are obviously geared up for cars so bike specific info would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Upt.

I use bip & go on vacation in France on my bike. No more stopping to pay. Just use the 30km/h lane with the badge in an pocket on my sleve. Works great. They even sell a pocket especially made for the badge to put around your arm.
1714777099012.png
Make sure to keep it in a safe place when not in use because it is like a creditcard to anyone who gets there hands on it…

Last edited:
I use bip & go on vacation in France on my bike. No more stopping to pay. Just use the 30km/h lane with the badge in an pocket on my sleve. Works great. They even sell a pocket especially made for the badge to put around your arm.
View attachment 333653
Make sure to keep it in a safe place when not in use because it is like a creditcard to anyone who gets there hands on it…
Thanks Streetman.
It's good to know they're a good company. Have you used it outside of France at all? This year I am hoping to ride through Italy too. That arm pouch looks like a good option.
Upt.

During my last holiday in France I also took a ride through northern Spain. it works fine there too. I haven't tried it in other countries yet. What I like best, besides the hassle with the sweaty gloves and looking for money, is not having to stand still on that large slab of asphalt at the toll gates in the sweltering heat.

During my last holiday in France I also took a ride through northern Spain. it works fine there too. I haven't tried it in other countries yet. What I like best, besides the hassle with the sweaty gloves and looking for money, is not having to stand still on that large slab of asphalt at the toll gates in the sweltering heat.
Thanks for that fella. No sweltering heat on this side of the North Sea this morning. Your fellow countrymen and women are on the move, the amount of Dutch cars coming over here is huge at the moment. I'm guessing they're going through on the way to Scotland. Either that or delivering tulips.
Upt.

As I do a lot of autoroute driving, both to Italy and France skiing plus motorcycle trips I have the Emovis 'Tag'. I've had one for about 10 years now. Looking at their website for the first time in years looks like their parent company also owns Bip & Go (I'd never heard of them until today :cool: Anyway, back to the point of this thread. They work a treat. In the car I use the little plastic mount on the windscreen. On the bike I just put it in the map cover of my tank bag, has always worked OK.

Just remember on a bike you are not allowed in the 'T' lane on the outside lane where there is a 2m height limit, normally at very large/busy tolls. All other lanes work though (including those not showing a 'T' on the overhead gantry), just remember to slow down enough for the reader to find your tag and operate the barrier! On a few rare occasions, I have had to actually take the tag out of the map cover, but that's 1 or 2 out of hundreds of times.

Edited: Just noticed that the Bip & Go requires an additional tag for each vehicle, but does offer the option of use in 4 countries (France, Spain, Portugal and Italy). The Emovis tag can be used in any vehicle but requires different tags for each country and does not cover Italy.

Last edited:
As I do a lot of autoroute driving, both to Italy and France skiing plus motorcycle trips I have the Emovis 'Tag'. I've had one for about 10 years now. Looking at their website for the first time in years looks like their parent company also owns Bip & Go (I'd never heard of them until today :cool: Anyway, back to the point of this thread. They work a treat. In the car I use the little plastic mount on the windscreen. On the bike I just put it in the map cover of my tank bag, has always worked OK.

Just remember on a bike you are not allowed in the 'T' lane on the outside lane where there is a 2m height limit, normally at very large/busy tolls. All other lanes work though (including those not showing a 'T' on the overhead gantry), just remember to slow down enough for the reader to find your tag and operate the barrier! On a few rare occasions, I have had to actually take the tag out of the map cover, but that's 1 or 2 out of hundreds of times.
Ta me duck. Great info.
I would definitely have the tank bag on for Autoroutes. It's got a clear cover on it too.
Upt.

Total aside here, maybe not really, I remember in my youth I was riding for home from Connecticut, my Norton 850 completely overloaded with all my crap tied in an ungainly, awkward, mountainous pile on the back seat when I came to a toll booth.

I stupidly stopped where all the cars do, in the greasy spot next to the window where all the oil and grease and coolant gets puked out into an impossibly slick trap, and the top-heavy bike slipped out from under me as I fumbled for change. No auto-pass back in them days.

The toll clerk just looked disgusted as I struggled mightily and unsuccessfully to right the bike. After a couple of minutes, as more and more vehicles stacked up behind me, in my frustration and embarrassment I screamed "Are you just going to sit there on your a$$ all day, or would you like to help me get out of the way?!?!"

I don't recall if it was the clerk, or drivers behind, but someone finally helped me get it back on 2 wheels, and I escaped alive.

After donating a couple quarters.

Truly a teachable moment, in more ways than one.

Top Bottom