Wanted Broken ECM 03-07 ST1300, 01-06 Goldwing, 03-07 Aquatrax

Someone please support the efforts here!!!! I'll pay the shipping both ways for someone to send a damaged unit for his testing.

I am harvesting connector headers from these ECMs to build adapter harnesses. This will convert the existing 03-07 ECM harness to an 08-17 ECM. I will pay shipping. Old ECM Can be bricked or failed I just need intact connector headers.
Has a later model ecu put in an older bike fixed the code problem or is this in the experimental stage?

Has a later model ecu put in an older bike fixed the code problem or is this in the experimental stage?
Experimental. I have done this with Valkyrie/Goldwing conversions so my confidence is high.

I have completed the pin for pin mapping of the 2007 connector to the new 2010 ECM and have the new connectors for the 2010 ECM on hand. I just need a donor 2003-2007 ST1300 ECM or a 2001-2006 Gold wing ECM or a 2003-2007 Aquatrax ECM that I can harvest the Connector headers from. The ECM will be destroyed and not returned. If you have a broken or failed ECM please PM me. I will pay reasonable shipping in continental US. Once I have the Header connectors I can finish building the adapter harness. I have invested time and purchased a brand new 2010 ECM for this test and am confident it will be successful. Once this has been tested ST300 owners experiencing ECM failures will have a new option for repair instead of retiring a perfectly good bike because of discontinued parts. JUST FYI my 2007 is functioning and does not have a failed ECM. I'm doing this because I ABSOLUTELY HATE PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE. Its happening all around us from Apple products to Tesla Cars. If we don't fight back one day we will be forced to buy new every year or pay a per roll license fee for toilet paper. Please support "Right to Repair" legislation.

Last edited:
I have completed the pin for pin mapping of the 2007 connector to the new 2010 ECM and have the new connectors for the 2010 ECM on hand. I just need a donor 2003-2007 ST1300 ECM or a 2001-2006 Gold wing ECM or a 2003-2007 Aquatrax ECM that I can harvest the Connector headers from. The ECM will be destroyed and not returned. If you have a broken or failed ECM please PM me. I will pay reasonable shipping in continental US. Once I have the Header connectors I can finish building the adapter harness. I have invested time and purchased a brand new 2010 ECM for this test and am confident it will be successful. Once this has been tested ST300 owners experiencing ECM failures will have a new option for repair instead of retiring a perfectly good bike because of discontinued parts. JUST FYI my 2007 is functioning and does not have a failed ECM. I'm doing this because I ABSOLUTELY HATE PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE. Its happening all around us from Apple products to Tesla Cars. If we don't fight back one day we will be forced to buy new every year or pay a per roll license fee for toilet paper. Please support "Right to Repair" legislation.
I have one that you can experiment on that has coded. I have 2 that have coded out. I'll send you my first bad ecm, because I'll probably be one of your early customers for the upgrade harness. :)

2003 ST1300 ABS

I'll send you a PM once I go find it my parts boxes.

I have one that you can experiment on that has coded. I have 2 that have coded out. I'll send you my first bad ecm, because I'll probably be one of your early customers for the upgrade harness. :)

2003 ST1300 ABS

Thank you, please count the number of pins in the connectors headers should be 26. There may have been an early 03 with 24 which won’t work for me.

I've been riding an '04 with the dreaded code 25 for about 3 years now. When I find a 'good' ECM, you can have mine.
So far nothing major, most of my riding is local 30 mile commute, so don't get the code untill 70 MPH for 10 seconds.
When I do hit the interstate, the F1 light comes on, I feel a slight reduction in power...and the fuel mileage drops to around 38 MPG or so.
I assume this is because the ECM is throwing more fuel to eliviate the 'ping' that it thinks is happening.
When I find a 'good' ECM, I will ship you my 'Coded' one.

There is a good ECM listed in the for sale section. The process of building an adapter harness is on hold until I find a doner failed ECM I can harvest header connectors from.

@CruSTy do you have existing adapters made up for 2001-2006 Goldwing? My new to me 2004 Goldwing trike has decided to show me the 25/26 code. I performed Kirby Proffitt's "zombie ECM code 25/26 " fix but still get the FI code, bike runs very well, ultra smooth idle and plenty roll on power. Which year Goldwing ECM would be best to use with your adapter?

@CruSTy do you have existing adapters made up for 2001-2006 Goldwing? My new to me 2004 Goldwing trike has decided to show me the 25/26 code. I performed Kirby Proffitt's "zombie ECM code 25/26 " fix but still get the FI code, bike runs very well, ultra smooth idle and plenty roll on power. Which year Goldwing ECM would be best to use with your adapter?
I hav not completed the adapter harness as I have yet to locate the required header connectors from a failed pre 07 ECM. Once have it built and can prove it works for ST1300 I may begin the tedious process of creating pin maps for various years of Goldwings.

Thank you @CruSTy for the prompt reply I will ear-mark your post in case my trike starts to act up or my ST 1300 decides to show me the codes. then I will definitely send you the ECMs.

2003 ST1300 ABS

Yay! finally found it. has 26 pins

pm me your address and I'll send it over.

Back
Top Bottom