Earth Day Café 04/22.

Bike
VStrom 650
Ay up, the earth has provided coffee, let's French Roast it and enjoy it. I'm sorry but I've only got leftover Blueberry Brioche Breakfast Pudding and Grade A to pour. Help ya'selves.
It's Woolerumnal, nuff said, pffffffftttttt.
Got some paperwork stuff to sort out first then I'll end up doing some'at. It won't involve two wheels or pedals.
Av a gud un and remember, California sounds good.
Upt.

Bike
2003 ST1300
Good Morning All!
Happy Monday and caffination!
Thank you Ray, for getting the engine started - some BBBP sounds pretty darn good eh?

Yesterday's rain, although according to plan, was dreary and it still amazes me how temps go from 80 to 40 overnight.
Paradise received some drops and it "dampened" building plans - so I did the next best thing - nothing!
Oh! What a weird thing that is.

This morning looks like I'll be pushing a cart around, taking things of food from shelves and bringing them home.
I guess I'll pull off some other errands on the way too.

What sort of Monday are youse having?

Y'all have a wonnafull day!

Looks like @ibike2havefun Keith is puttin' on some miles today!

1713775868106.png

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
Thx Ray!
I dislike Mondays, and in particular busy Mondays.
Been on five errands already, and three more to go.
My hunt for a new car battery is still ongoing….seems the cold winther have killed a lot of batteries…pffft!

Now to cook, pick up missus, pick up Peter which will be fun. He totally distegards Mrs Stu when I’m around, when she brings him some gift, he says thankyou grandpa!

8˚c/46f, calm, a bit of sun.

Have a good one!
Stu

From this morning at 06:20, driving missus to work, this is from Norvatn
IMG_3194.jpeg

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Good morning everyone

Thanks for the French roast Ray. I'll be picky and take a pass on the brioche- blueberries aren't my thing.

It's 43°F and foggy in Seagrove NC, but the rain has passed. My stuff got mostly dry overnight too, which is good. The forecast says to expect partly sunny skies and a high around 61. I'll take it.

64 miles to do today, so probably about 8 hours total time. I'll get a late start because the B&B doesn't offer the second B until 0830 hours. Good thing tomorrow's planned as a short day of riding.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Bike
2003 ST1300
Good morning everyone

Thanks for the French roast Ray. I'll be picky and take a pass on the brioche- blueberries aren't my thing.

It's 43°F and foggy in Seagrove NC, but the rain has passed. My stuff got mostly dry overnight too, which is good. The forecast says to expect partly sunny skies and a high around 61. I'll take it.

64 miles to do today, so probably about 8 hours total time. I'll get a late start because the B&B doesn't offer the second B until 0830 hours. Good thing tomorrow's planned as a short day of riding.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

I hope you have time to visit some of the studios in Seagrove.
Lots of pottery and other artists there!

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Good morning all, and thanks for the coffee and brioche pudding, Ray. I'll take Keith's portion off your hands. You're welcome.

Hoo boy, it was cold last night and it's a cold one today! Yesterday evening's rain turned into hail at one point - made a helluva racket against my windows. We'll have sunshine all day, but not very spring-like temperatures: -2°C/28°F with a feels-like of -5°C/23°F now, 8°C/46°F with a windchill of 5°C/41°F later. Hope the daffs don't freeze. :(

Gotta run...I bought a 2nd monitor yesterday (24") so now I have two large screens and my laptop to work with. I routinely have to work with 2 (sometimes, 3) documents at a time, so hopefully, my eyes will appreciate the better size and resolution. Must hook it up before work. Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely. Keith, I hope the pleasantness and beauty of today's ride makes up for yesterday's!

Patty

steve3b3

Retired
Bike
2018 GoldWing
Good morning, and thanks for the coffee, Ray,

It's sunny and 32 in MA, going to 55, later.

We also did a lot of nothing, yesterday, except for a trip to Lowe's to return two mower belts.
Dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant.

We got news that our Son in Law's mom had passed away in DC. :(
She was a nice lady, and we always enjoyed talking with her.

Steve

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Thanx Ray, it's chilly in the Magic City too, at 40-something "warming" to 60-something and no more rain for a few days. About the same tomorrow but into the 70s in the afternoon. Oh no, radio said it's 39! Dang.

Yesterday I had to scramble to run the video switcher at church, so I made coffee for myself and never checked in here. Saturday I had a run to GA to fix a printer, not my usual area but their local guy was unavailable. 300 miles on the GSA under nearly perpetual clouds, but never got the rain and had a nice ride.

Last night I learned that my niece and her husband in Georgia had a run in with an 18- wheeler, don't know the details but apparently he performed some kind of above ordinary driving skills to avoid being run over in their car. They're both cut up and banged up and shaken up, but their 3 boys weren't with them at the time.

I'll try to get some more info this evening.

I had no such encounter, because I give them room when I'm on a bike, and I keep my eyes open when I'm driving near them. Glad they're safe.

And I gotta get rolling. Today my CEO is going with his daughters to have his 19yo chihuahua put down, the old guy is in constant pain and finding it hard to walk or move... it's going to be a hard day for him and his family. David said Charlie has been his most dependable friend and cheerleader for longer than anyone he knows.

We have all known this was coming, but David was hoping one of his daughters could make it home from college in New York, and she flew in Saturday.

As Keith reminds us, tell your dear ones you love them. And appreciate your pets.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Good morning, everyone. Thanks for the coffee, Ray. I’ll take some blueberry pudding if Patty didn’t finish it off.

Dang, it’s cold for April. It‘s 36, with a decent frost. Should be sunny skies and 66, later in the day. Can’t complain, so let’s fire up the pressure washer and clean the deck and driveway, and siding, and cars, and sidewalk, and dog. Just kidding about pressure washing the dog, before anyone gets upset, including Teddy.

John

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I hope you have time to visit some of the studios in Seagrove.
Lots of pottery and other artists there!
Thanks, but that's going to have to wait for another day. Too many miles to cover today.

Perhaps Mrs. Fun might like to visit too, once she's got her graphic novel finished up.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I bought a 2nd monitor yesterday (24") so now I have two large screens and my laptop to work with. I routinely have to work with 2 (sometimes, 3) documents...
Yes. Two real monitors to supplement (or supplant) the tiny excuse for a laptop screen is always better. That was absolutely my standard when I was working.

This was my covid configuration, in the art room of our house.
20210308_150237.jpg

Consider adding a friendly lazy cat as a companion. Makes a nice homey touch.
20210308_152217.jpg

Bike
2010 ST 1300
good morning all. thanks for the coffee Ray. 59F on the dog walk with a big bright moon out to light the way. a few stars but they couldn't keep up with the moon's glow.
I have gym today and after that I have an oil change appointment for the wife's car. the dealer is only a few blocks away from the gym so I'll run it up there and wait for it. so that should fill my day. the high should hit 95F. enjoy the day

Steve sorry to hear of your SIL mom passing

stay safe

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I was just thinking I could do with a laugh.....who's a good boy!
And clean too.
He’s clean, and I’m soaking wet, after his warm shower and blow dry. Now, he’s taking a nap as I clean up the mess he left behind. It’s warmed up enough to gas up the pressure washer. Wish me luck.

@ibike2havefun Keith, I love your monitors, but your keyboard doesn’t have enough keys.

IMG_0800.jpeg

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Morning Ray & All from sunny, Southern Utah!

Currently it is 58F, heading for 80F (first 80 this year! :thumb: ) There is a slight breeze out there, but later the winds will be from the WSW @ 20 to 31mph.

Well, after an exciting weekend that I was able to share with my son, Justin; Friday, picking him up from Las Vegas and bringing him back, then Saturday, our little ride through Bryce Canyon & ZION National Parks, and then yesterday, driving down with the trailer to pick up the 2004 from Las Vegas and driving back. :run1: No I get to unload the 2004, clean up the two bikes (get all the bugs off), and my truck. then straighten out the garage and get all the vehicles back where they belong! That should take most of the day. o_O

Fried eggs, bacon, toast & OJ to start the morning with!

Anyone :bl13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

Bike
2014 ST1300
Morning all! 7C and clear blue sunny skies here right now and allegedly for the rest of the day. The anticipated high will be 14C.

Given the beautiful weather, I naturally drove the car today....realized as I was about the leave that the car had been booked for a service and that I was already running late so I hopped in and skedaddled. Had a nice walk from the service centre to work though so I did get some freshish air along with a moderate side helping of carbon monoxide as the commuters streamed past.

Patty, I'm with you and the rest, double monitors is the way to go. Much easier to draft documents when you can simply glance over at the source material. Course, I still revert to paper a lot....old dog etc.

Sadlsor, glad to hear your niece and her hubby are ok, my condolences to your boss, losing a pet just plain sucks.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Whisker Bill

(Brian)
Site Supporter
STokes Bay, Ontario & migrating to Florida
Bike
2007 ST1300
Thanks for the start Martin.
It’s a beautiful day here in Woodstock!
We’re off to pick up my new trailer shortly!
It may be a bit of overkill it has 2 - 7000 lb axles, so I think I need that to ferry tractors & equipment about the countryside! Mostly it’ll be hauling our side x side which isn’t all that heavy.
My next youngest brother, will be using it as well! He hasn’t asked yet but I know by the jest of the conversation.
I’m expecting he’ll borrow it to haul the material for his new building, to his cottage in Nova Scotia.

We had a lovely weekend at our cottage.
We hosted an evening of libations and merrymaking, the reviews are telling us there will be many more!

Keith, sorry to hear of your having a tough time on the road!

Enjoy your Monday!
WB

Top Bottom