TGIF Coffee/Weather

Ta me duck. I needed a coffee.
We're just back from Berwick-upon-the-Tweed and a sit and sip are in order. That's better.
They said 40 to 64, we've got 51 and mist for now. Presently dry and it might stay so.
Don't know what will happen after coffee, it will be some'at but I don't know what some'at, the tank is full on The B so a coolant change and horn change wouldn't be a sensible choice. But then again I'm not sensible.
I'll give it some procrastination.
Av a gud un and if you're doing some'at, we'll done.
Upt.

Good Morning and NO it can't be Friday???
Oh yeah - it is! Thanks @peterz for the STart.

A bit of shopping at Wall-upon-the-mart soon.
A friend will be smoking some things Sunday and I was invited to bring some meats for the festivities.
Sounds like fun and in "good taste" - (see what I did there?)

Mr Tractor and I were out yesterday trying to get the patio finished.
My back is feeling better but I'm still chewing the ibuprofen. Ugh that certainly put a kink in the schedule.
As if! Life always throws curve balls at us eh?

Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna have a ride on a motorcycle.

Y'all have a wunduhfill day!

1714732460973.png

Morning all and thanks for the coffee Peter. Dunkin? Don't mind if I do.

6C's on the bike for the ride in, but the sky is a dark overcast grey. Going to stay that way today and move up to 11C.

Got to test the ABS on the Wing yesterday. Stopped by to visit my mom after work. When on my way home I was driving on a 90kph stretch and there were 2 vehicles on the opposite side of the road entering the roadway. The 1st vehicle was a dump truck turning right and coming towards me in the opposite lane. The 2nd vehicle was a car that was trying to go the same way as me and just followed the dump truck without seeing me. ABS kicked in and I had to detour into the narrow breakdown shoulder to avoid buggering the car. Oddly there was no panic, adrenaline or even anger; just a sad confirmation of the reality of the dangers we motorcyclists (and bicyclists) face every day.

I also passed a few tractors just before this incident... the stinky kind hauling manure tank spreaders. I have video of that but turned the camera off just after passing.

1714734158799.png
1714734225103.png

Hope everyone has a great day!.

Obo.

Thx Peter!
On the mend after a few days on sotteseng.
Ordered a new smc and some bits, tried Partzilla but they’ve stopped shipping to Norway…I wish I knew more words like those Ray uses to describe such things.
Anyway, placed the order in Japan, and Fedex will bring them in a week or two.

Weather is insane, 23˚c/73f, sunny and little wind.
People over here don’t know how to deal with it……just like in Wooler or in Ireland I guess.

Have a good one!
Stu

Good morning, and thank for the coffee start, Ray.

It's cloudy and 47 in MA this morning, rising to 59, later.

Yesterday's visit to the audiologist went okay, and she explained the different types of hearing aids available.
Afterward, I went to the VA to schedule an audiologist visit there, in hopes of acquiring hearing aids at lower cost.
Still trying to figure out to mesh VA and my other health care coverage.

The kitched designer had a different take on our kitchen, but Brenda likes it, so I'm ok as well. We cleared up some bathroom dimentions, after we arrived back home, and she sent us a rendering of all of that. Once we have a price, we'll have the contractor walk his plumbing and electrical subs through, to firm up those costs.

We had a nice visit with our son, D-I-L, and grand daughter. She's growing, and walking with help, still.
Dinner was Chinese take-out, and it was tasty.

Today, I'll hit the gym, maybe walk, and pack for the next two days at the track.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

Thx Peter!
On the mend after a few days on sotteseng.
Ordered a new smc and some bits, tried Partzilla but they’ve stopped shipping to Norway…I wish I knew more words like those Ray uses to describe such things.
Anyway, placed the order in Japan, and Fedex will bring them in a week or two.

Weather is insane, 23˚c/73f, sunny and little wind.
People over here don’t know how to deal with it……just like in Wooler or in Ireland I guess.

Have a good one!
Stu

Saw some of your tribe in Berwick-upon-the-Tweed this morning Stoo me'duck.
It's a long way from Norway.
Pffffffftttttt.

Good morning ,early to rise . Monsoon rain here right now and seems to be very noisy for some reason ,oh ya windows are open . Got up to close all of them and now wide awake . That is okay time to get ready to put grandkids on the bus . Have a great day ,take care and ride safe eh ! Dark roast coffee here today but thanks for the inspiration .

Ay up, me Quakers...er...quackers. Thanks for the coffee, Peter! Good to see you!

It's grey and overcast right now, but we're supposed to get a mix of sun and clouds for most of the day. No precipitation in today's forecast, for a change. We have 8°C/46°F right now, and we'll have a pleasant high of 19°C/66°F later. I have a long weekend to enjoy, as Monday is my 1st "flex" day. We work according to a "compressed schedule," which means that we work an extra half hour a day for 15 days, and we get every 3rd Monday off. More long weekends throughout the year? Works for me!

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely. And as for the rumours of Irish people looking sexy on the beach, sure, don't believe a word of it. Pfffffttt.
("Irish people trying to use barbecues" :rofl1:)

Patty

Nice pants, I've got a pair of them undercrackers for everyday of the week.....well, actually I've got one pair that last all week......month.....
@Peppermint made me think, you're ducky quackers comment. Me'duck.
Where I originate from we call everybody duck, it's seen as a little old fashioned and common perhaps by some but if you've got the cap wear it.
The term is also used in South Derbyshire but is usually started with the, "ay up". Although the duck usage is common to Stoke on Trent, affectionately referred to as Smoke on Stench by locals, I personally have never lived within the city but just outside the walls until moving upt'north. I picked up the ay up along the way, probably cus I worked on the border of South Derbyshire as a scuffer for about ten years. The picture I posted recently of the JCB factory is on the border.
So I thought where does the term originate from.....?
It's got nowt to do with beaked birds with tasty breasts and legs.
You should all be honoured, you're welcome.
Now where are my pants?
c9d4519443b017ab01de90bb552a3946.jpg

Thanks for the coffer Peter. "Coffee" + "Offer" = "Coffer", right?

Well, it does now.

Nonetheless, this coffee snob will respectfully defer, and resume sipping my Black Rifle. While perhaps not in the same league as @Mellow 's instant granules, I find Dunkin to taste flat, dull and unpleasant. Krispy Kreme coffee is nearly as bad, and truth is I don't particularly care for Waffle House blends either, even though they are usually the only option when I work and travel late in the evening or early in the morning. Please don't take it personally.

70% chance of rain tonight, so I reckon I'll put some more miles on the car when I get home from Job #1. We can ride to work and stay dry. I hope. Highs the next few days in the 80s. Nice.

My 3 primary vehicles would appreciate some new engine oil, so that's my weekend priority. I have the oil and filter on hand for the 1300, the others must be located, paid for, returned home and emptied into crankcase.

At the first of the week, I completed my Email Marketing training by the deadline, then we all had to present assigned sections to the team. I believe my presentations were the most thorough and the best overall. I don't know if everyone agrees with me, but they should. Anyway, that was not a competition, merely an exercise to demonstrate our understanding of it. They don't teach in this depth in college.

It must be near time to quit blathering and get on with Friday. Two more burger jobs this weekend.

Eleanor Roosevelt must have been an influencer back in her day, but I wonder if we would remember her but for the man she married. Here's another of her ideas...

Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.
~~ Eleanor Roosevelt

good morning all. thanks Peter for the coffee. 58F on the dog walk with clear sky and stars all around. found another dead snake on the road. that makes 3 in the past two weeks. but this one was not a rattle snake. looks like we are in for a snaky summer. and my friends dog that got bit is doing well and might come home today. I might start the dog walks a little later to get some daylight on the street.
have gym class today and not much else. the high should be 90F. enjoy the day

The Roosevelt's had a Summer place just down the roads from me on Campobello Island.

You reach the island by taking 2 ferries from New Brunswick (mainland to Deer Island & Deer Island to Campobello Island.) There is a bridge from Maine into it (along with border crossing stations.) as one ferry doesn't run in the Winter.

That ferry is tug style boat attached to a barge that loads on the beach! It swivels on a long arm.

1714743649440.png

The other ferry is an open conventional type.

1714743843092.jpeg

The area is made up of a multitude of small islands, with Deer & Campobello being the largest.

1714743959232.png

Good morning all!
Thanks for the start Peter! I do hope all is well with you & yours!

o@Obo
Glad you & your new machine finished the journey!

We all should remember that there is and will be lots of farm equipment on our roadways over the planting, growing & harvesting season. These beasts use the road out of necessity, but usually use the most direct route to stay as safe as possible! Please be kind, that slow moving sign means just that!

Enjoy your Friday!
WB

We all should remember that there is and will be lots of farm equipment on our roadways over the planting, growing & harvesting season. These beasts use the road out of necessity, but usually use the most direct route to stay as safe as possible! Please be kind, that slow moving sign means just that!

The liquid effluent rigs leave quite the mess on the roadways, and you can usually smell them before you see them.

As for following behind that answer to the question "who flung dung" was me!

If your bike tires fling cow dung up in the air is it still called a rooster tail?

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the start Peter. Good to hear from you.

It's a lovely mid-morning in Rockville: clear, slightly breezy, 69°F. I played half a round of golf early but my head wasn't in the game so I came back home. The cat and I are spending quality time together.

17147450437826276590570011934852.jpg

Dinner out with the neighbors tonight, before they jet off for their first-ever overseas vacation.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Morning Yall! Obo's pictures of what I call (can't say on the forum ) _______ speader ,domainate our road and the farm next door has the same tractor and Spreader, you don't want to follow them to close.
Weather is good today, focast from phone says 68 F warmest temp this year. Which will be great for when I get out of the house for a walk. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom