Toosday Café.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Fun! FUN! You've got time for FUN!
Darn Canuckistanians.
This is what the engine guard connector look like now, I decided to add the nyloc as a just in case too. The O'rings seem to be doing a better job. It wasn't FUN!
Upt.
20240430_151232.jpg
Of course it wasn't fun. The o-rings would have made your fingers all greasy.

1714495851731.jpeg

Whisker Bill

(Brian)
Site Supporter
STokes Bay, Ontario & migrating to Florida
Bike
2007 ST1300
Fun! FUN! You've got time for FUN!
Darn Canuckistanians.
This is what the engine guard connector look like now, I decided to add the nyloc as a just in case too. The O'rings seem to be doing a better job. It wasn't FUN!
Upt.
20240430_151232.jpg
That’s strange that it would only hold on one side! Would you have room to add a clamp assembly @ 180 degrees? I would bet there would be no vibration then!
WB

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
That’s strange that it would only hold on one side! Would you have room to add a clamp assembly @ 180 degrees? I would bet there would be no vibration then!
WB
I don't quite know what you mean old bearded one.
I thought my next step if required would be to drill through the bars and joiner and bolt solid on both sides.
Hopefully this will do it, the new O'rings are doing there job. Drilling through round tubing without a drill stand doesn't enthuse me.
Although I have ordered some HSS Co drill bits as a just in case. Didn't even know they were a thing until recently.
Upt.

steve3b3

Retired
Bike
2018 GoldWing
@steve3b3 & @catcher can chime in with opinions too as they both have the 2018+ models and way more miles on them than my almost 500km.
I'm happy with the stock windscreen.
I bought a Mustang seat, and find it very comfortable. I'm 5'10", and can flat-foot at a stop. I lean a bit forward while riding, and don't touch the back rest unless at a stop. I do have a bit of sholder ache after an hour or so.

I lost the heat, though, when I was troubleshooting my problem connecting to my helmet. During that, I disconnected the battery, to reset the ECU and Audio Module. When I reconnected it, I apparently burnt out the temperature sensor thermistors in the seat. Since I was out of warranty, and the cost to replace them approached that of a new seat, I passed. They did send me a bunch of Mustang swag, and a module to make the bike think all was fine, vs the constant blinking seat light. They also offered to sell me a seat and passenger armrest combo, which apparently had some different thermistors. Brenda didn't like the larger armrests, because they'd make it harder to get on and off the bike, so I passed.
I like them as a company, and they're down the street. I'd find out if this is just my problem, or generic, and did they solve it.
Or try another vendor.

I used the OEM seat as a comparison to what the Mustang resistance reading were.
I've been thinking that a PTC in line with the thermistor would have prevented this. If they're sensing, they're probably not passing a lot of current, normally, but I guess there was a spike, somewhere.

I added Goldstrike footrests and only use them on longer trips.
I also added a Goldstrike cup holder, after stopping at a McD's drive through during COVID, got my meal and coffee, and found myself with nowhere to put it all...
Honda trunk shelf.
Honda Aux lights.

and...
I don't use Sport mode that much, actually.
If I'm stuck behind slower traffic, I'll put it into Sport mode, for a brisk pass in our short passing zones.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Good aftermoon everyone

Thanks for the coffee Ray but by now it's beer/wine-thirty so I've moved on to other beverage options. I'm sure you'll understand.

I'm home. It was a great trip, and I had fun for many of the minutes I was gone, but I'm glad to be home. I had this in my head to help me along the way.

Home, home again
I like to be there when I can
When I come in cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

Pink Floyd, "Breathe (Reprise)", Dark Side of the Moon (as if you didn't know that...)

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Top Bottom