What Screen

Hi all
New to your site.posr 3 pics of my old st was wondering if anyone could recognize the maker.
My replacement st (blue) has I think an original screen , my issue is space between the dash top and screen loads on the last one and hardly owt on this..Refitting my sat nav..
Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks.pete

Attachments

• 20200121_154326.jpg
    20200121_154326.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 84
  • 20200121_154337.jpg
    20200121_154337.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200121_154347.jpg
    20200121_154347.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20210507-180809_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210507-180809_Facebook.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20210507-180811_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210507-180811_Facebook.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 74
Hi! Welcome to the forum from Texas! Maybe your old windscreen is a Clearview? They come in tall, normal and short.

-Ryan

Hi @Pete68.

Welcome from Montreal, Canada.

There is a couple of aftermarket windshield makers. Look closely at the base of your windshield. You should be able to find a name, a logo or a model number.

Mine is from National Cycles.
My next one will be a clearview.

Another way to see if it is an original windahield or an aftermarket replacememt is to measure it. Most aftermarket version are of a different size than the original.

Vertical Height Measurement :
(measure from the center of the ignition switch straight up to the top edge of the shield):
Honda Stock screen measures 16.75″

Last edited:
Hi @Pete68.

Welcome from Montreal, Canada.

There is a couple of aftermarket windshield makers. Look closely at the base of your windshield. You should be able to find a name, a logo or a model number.

Mine is from National Cycles.
My next one will be a clearview.

Another way to see if it is an original windahield or an aftermarket replacememt is to measure it. Most aftermarket version are of a different size than the original.
Cheers thanks.

What size is this one @Ryan_B ?

They claim it is a "small" I bought it used. It is supposedly 19.5" x 27", I have not verified. It is about 2" shorter than stock and about 1" wider. It is good construction, I would guess a little thicker than stock. I have no other aftermarket shield to compare it to though.

Edit: Numbers are accurate. 19.5" tall, 27" wide.

-Ryan

Last edited:
I think the silver bike wears a Powerbronze +4.5". I had one for a few weeks and didn't like it. Back in 1999/2000, I was still able to get a Secdem +3.5" from the Honda parts list. A central vent Givi was popular with some, but I was never able to source one.

I think the silver bike wears a Powerbronze +4.5". I had one for a few weeks and didn't like it. Back in 1999/2000, I was still able to get a Secdem +3.5" from the Honda parts list. A central vent Givi was popular with some, but I was never able to source one.
Sorry for your loss. Incidents suck.
Especially when the spill was not self induced ...walking and talking that's what counts.. And a loada physio ..

Hi all
New to your site.posr 3 pics of my old st was wondering if anyone could recognize the maker.
My replacement st (blue) has I think an original screen , my issue is space between the dash top and screen loads on the last one and hardly owt on this..Refitting my sat nav..
Any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks.pete
:welcome1: 2 :banr1: From Canuckville!

Whisker Bill

Welcome from Southern Ontario! I see your from Skipton. My wife is from Keighley.
The world has just become tiny..
Am sure Ontario by far , our does keighley..
Here's one for you , I guess you have a pan.
I have the sneaky suspicion mine was built for a foreign market..
The head light was wired different to my first model. (only one light on dip two on main).
The drop bar or lay over bar..
The steel and covers matched (old one).This one has a cut within it and a part of the crash bar is seen.very handy really as I could mount a fog low down, the other side nothing like.(just as the 1990 one )
Wondered if could a left one match.
Pictures I have found on the net only show this type on an ABS version, mine not ABS.
And kmh speedo calibrated to mph..
Have you seen any of these disparities.?

Back
Top Bottom