Dratted mind hamsters - coffee and weather 6 May

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Good morning everyone

You guessed it- the dang head rodents are at it and won't leave me be. I'll show 'em: feed them a couple cups of French roast and burn them right out. You can have some too, if you like.

It's finally drying out and warming up after our weekend-long soaking. Right now we have 64 Fahrenheits on record, expecting a total of around 75. Looks as though the wet will return this evening but at least the day will be dry-ish albeit cloudy.

Now that the ball is squarely in Mrs. Fun's court vis-a-vis getting the sewing machine of her dreams, I'm done with the cabinet until she has it it hand. Lord knows when that might be, but the as-yet-unfinished top is temporarily installed.

No idea what I'll do to occupy my time today though I can think of at least a couple tasks that could stand doing.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Ay up the keeper of rodents. I'll have your coffee, you can keep the vermin.
47 to 53, light rain and 9 mph from the NE. Very meh.
The day will start by sorting out the bike and car insurance and it may go to some'at else. It may include rodents because the bait is going down pretty quick at the moment. I suspect Voles are the culprits. Where're the owls when you need them? Pffffffftttttt.
Av a gud un out there and remember, bait them pesky rodents.
Upt.

Thx Keith!
If you lived in the Hamptons, you could call them hampsters…
Still would leave you sleepless though.

10˚c/50f, calm and foggy.

Picking up Peter early in the kindergarten. Shopping and cooking.
Waiting for deliveries….
SMC from Japan.
New trailer wheels from Denmark.
Loctite LB 8012 from Germany.

Have a good one, and never let anyone define who you are! ( From my Youtube feed this morning..)

From the summer archives……..Finnskogen
IMG_2604.jpeg

Thanks for the wakey wakey juice Keith,
About 45F and cloudy here in northern New Hampshire, heading towards - GASP - 72 and sunny later. Tomorrow should be 70 and clear all day ... and then the rain comes back for 4 days... bleah.

I call them "mind squirrels" and they have ferocious with me for the last month, waking me about 3:00AM and running wild in my mind. HOWEVER, the last couple nights I think I did something to finally drive them away - as I have been sleeping well- last Friday I turned in my laptop, badge and phone and RETIRED. Yup, after 41 years and 9 months I am now free of the corporate world!!
Now I guess I have to figure out a life of Saturdays! Some of you on here make it look easy so I guess it is possible.

Be safe, be careful and remember to only "pfffftttttt" with the wind.
Scott

Morning all and this is an interesting mix Keith.

Place empty rodent in mug, add hot water, add sweetener - disregarding the skull and crossbones, let steep, sit back and enjoy. Slightly bitter and tangy, but it feels like it's hitting a spot in an odd sort of way. Meh.

Just like the pirate ship, I sailed the 7C's into work on the Wing today. All your rain from yesterday passed through overnight and it was still drizzly this morning. We'll see more on and off rain and highs of 11. Mrs. Obo and I got out again yesterday for about 6 hours on the Wing, cruising from the coast to well inland. Coast was a cool 10C and inland we saw 18C. The sun was great at first but by midday was hidden by cloud cover, which made that 18 feel much cooler. Found some excellent new MC roads we'd never been on and a few we'll never be on again. :rofl1:

I had a YT video all ready to go, but seems somehow it disappeared in the night while processing the audio. It's almost like they want you to use the paid service and not the free version. *shrug*

Here it is again, but without some nice music so it's only got the sucky wind noise from the camera. Just turn the volume down and hum your favorite tune to it.

Hope everyone has an excellent Monday, regardless of your financial status in life.

Obo.

I call them "mind squirrels" and they have ferocious with me for the last month, waking me about 3:00AM and running wild in my mind. HOWEVER, the last couple nights I think I did something to finally drive them away - as I have been sleeping well- last Friday I turned in my laptop, badge and phone and RETIRED. Yup, after 41 years and 9 months I am now free of the corporate world!!
Now I guess I have to figure out a life of Saturdays! Some of you on here make it look easy so I guess it is possible.

Congrats Scott and welcome to Saturdays! :welcome1:

Last edited:
Good morning, all. Thanks for the cup, Keith.

Ugg….Stormy Monday. 65/80, with rain and thunderstorms for most of the day.

Congratulations on the retirement, Scott. Now, you’ll never have the free time to get things done. Funny how that works.

John

Good morning, and thanks for the coffee, Keith.

Congratulations @sah48 on your retirement! Now you can sleep late!

It's cloudy/foggy and 48 in MA this morning, rising to 73 with a chance of a shower.

Yesterday's rain started around 9:30am, and we got to stand at our turns in it all day long. The new Frogg Toggs worked out well and the "waterproof" shoes kept my feet dry. Gloves were a problem, though, and I'll have to fix that. Brenda and I added an extra layer at lunch to stay warm.
The event went well, and we got to flag for the occasional car that spun out or took a trip through the grass.

Today, I'll head to Worcester for blood work, in advance of my visit to the Rheumatologist later this morning.
I'll visit with my restaurant friend, afterward, and the lawn hasn't gotten any shorter.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

I think I did something to finally drive them away - as I have been sleeping well- last Friday I turned in my laptop, badge and phone and RETIRED. Yup, after 41 years and 9 months I am now free of the corporate world!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Retiring was the best career decision I ever made- I hope you find the same to be true.

Congrats on making it to retirement Scott, now I'll be feeling sorry for myself all day.
Good coffee Keith, now that it's getting warmer, maybe you can borrow a couple of reptiles from Larry. Just long enough to eradicate the squeaky wheel riders.
My kitchen wall is primed and ready for our
volunteer wallpaper-hanger.
But I primed it with Kilz, and don't know how to wash it off my right hand. It was all tidy, until I tried to clean it out of the paintbrush and roller.
Looks like my hand has this strange form of eczema.
The least of my problems.
I slept well, but slept late. Gotta run.
92° riding and running errands yesterday. Summer is coming.

Good (late) Morning All!
Thanks for the great caffination STart Keith - How thick is it now?
Gotta love those hamsters!

@sah48 there's nothing like the first day of retirement! I'd like to do it again, just to get that rush!
My lovely wife was correct. She said; "you'll just fall into it" and wow was she right!
Speaking of which, she and her friends are at the beach for a few days leaving me to my own devices - scary.

I guess I'll finish my friend's birthday present and find some other stuff to work on.
Meanwhile the clay mush turns back to concrete here on the ranch since the rains have stopped.
The patio project will be stalled for a time but it's almost graded properly as are other areas.

There's a background hum now in Bahama that sounds a bit like those old flying saucer movies.
It is ever-present and is the sound of the zillions of cicadas.
This is kinda like it:

Y'all have a wonnafill day!

1715000045303.png

Morning all! 8C and overcast here, rain and 12C to come.

Keith, I feel your pain I was also visited last night by planet rodentia. Execrable vermin.......

Scott, congratulations on your retirement, I'm green with envy. Enjoy, I'm sure it's well deserved! Obo, that's some right purty countryside.

The inlaws leave today. They're great but it will be nice to have the house to ourselves again. Other than that, it's off to work, heigh ho....

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning all, and thanks for the coffee, Keith! Sorry about the mind hamsters, though! :(

Well, we sure got a soaking yesterday! It's still pretty wet this morning, but it's supposed to go to a mix of sun and clouds shortly, then mainly sunny for the rest of the day. The temperature, which currently sits at 13°C/55°F, will climb to 21°C/70°F this afternoon, and the humidity will make it feel a tad warmer.

Congratulations on your retirement, Scott!! Time for the fun to start! :)
Nice ride, Obo!

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely.

Patty

good morning all. thanks for the coffee Keith. 55F on the dog walk with a few clouds and some stars to enjoy but Mr. moon was a no-show. Scott, I retired on a Monday just so I could sleep in when the rest of the crew had 4 more days till the weekend and my first Saturday was their Tuesday. Best wishes, enjoy your retirement.
I have gym today and that's about it for the list today. the high should be 82F. enjoy the day.

stay safe

Morning Keith & All from sunny, Southern Utah!

Currently it is 33F, got down to 30F, early this morning and the high will be 62F. A slight breeze now, later we could see the winds from the W @ 14 to 20mph. Hopefully, they will help dry out the rain & snow we got yesterday! o_O

More possible rain on Friday, but who knows until it gets here.

I was supposed to have two pallets of block delivered today, but I told them to wait until Wednesday, hoping the ground would be dry by then. The big problem is that they will deliver, some time from 6am to 8pm! :well1: Which means I'll have to open the gate before 6am, so I can make sure they put it where I want it!

Congrats Scott on the retirement. I hope it was "planned" on your part. Mine wasn't, but it has worked out okay.

@Obo, cool video! Nice road to be riding! :hat3:

Since the ground is wet, I'll probably have to spend the day in the garage, FARKLEing the 2004. :thumb:

I got a call from my across the street neighbor, he's out in Kaliforniastan, cleaning out a garage of some sorts and was asking me if I would be interested in an old ST1100. I think it's a 1996. He said if he can swing it, he'll bring it back, no charge to me. We'll see. I'm not sure of anything about it, other then it's a basket case.

No food yet, Chris is still asleep and I had a case of the vermin in m y mind going around in circles too! :run1:

But you can bet, a Pepsi will be in my future! ;)

Anyone :bk13:, have a great day on the roads! :hat3:

Mornin Keith! Sorry bout the rodents, I am acquainted with them as well from time to time. Maybe when we're both sufferin we could meet at the Oregon Trail Diner for a cup
40° to start warming allll the way to 50, with a mere 93% chance of rain. Lovely day fer lookin through the window. Nah, coffee @McDs with a couple friends and then to the doc at 1045 to discuss the biopsy result. Lunch w my recently retired bride, and an afternoon of planning the rest of our raised garden bed project (too wet to do any of the actual projecting).
Wishing you all a great day... attaching a few pics from Saturday's ride.
20240504_110350.jpg20240504_111453.jpg20240504_122656.jpg

Top Bottom