What is this connector and how does it come apart?

I was poking around the tail of my 08 ST1300 cleaning some things up and learning the motorcycle and I noticed a cable that runs to a white connector that is mounted to a tab welded on the sub frame right under the top case pad. The wrap around the cable that leads to the connector has opened up and the wires look chaffed. I'd like to investigate further and take the connector apart to get a better look at the wires, but I don't see how it comes off the welded tab, or how it comes apart. It's right above the ECM which the damaged cable appears to go into.

Can anyone help with what it is and maybe explain how to get it off the tab or take it apart? (pictures attached for clarity)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 48
  • tail bar connector.jpg
    tail bar connector.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 49
  • wire chaffe.jpg
    wire chaffe.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 50
If there is no locking tab on any side, it must pull apart. I would try two pairs of needle-nose pliers.

If you are only concerned about the chafing, I would just apply a thin coat of liquid electrical tape.

This one is awkward to get to.
I think I used a straight dental pick on the frame side of the connector.
There is a tab to pull away from the frame that allows the the connector to slide off of the post, kind of a T shaped post.

Back
Top Bottom