Another Motorcyclist Killed

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Another Motorcyclist was killed today in Temecula, on the I15 Freeway!

Motorcyclist Killed

No details as to what happened.

I was caught in the traffic from this!

And please, we don't need any comments about how dangerous Lane Splitting is! #1, there is no details what was going on or what happened!

I avoid minivans like the plague, especially the ones with stickers and magnets all over them. So sad.

We lost one last week. The rider was in his 40’s and was taking a Busa on a test ride. Police had spotted him at high rate of speed and evidently a car misjudged the bike’s speed when they turned in front of him. Hard to place the blame in this situation. There was probably plenty of time to make the turn, if the bike wasn’t doing 140.

Motorcyclist Killed

And please, we don't need any comments about how dangerous Lane Splitting is! #1, there is no details what was going on or what happened!
It's so easy to jump to conclusions and so important not too.
Quite right SS.
Upt'North.

Upt' North said:
It's so easy to jump to conclusions and so important not too.
Yet it happens all the time— especially when a four– or more wheeled vehicle is involved. Objectivity by definition cuts both ways.

We had a Man killed several months ago in Fresno when he hit a Refrigerator that fell out of the back of a Pickup Truck. Go Figure.

Its a risk we all must accept. Have had conversations with my wife about ridding......told her just tell family and friends that he loved to ride and knew the risk. You know what if you think about it we all are living on borrowed time. And we never know when the lord will call us home.

Its a risk we all must accept. Have had conversations with my wife about ridding......told her just tell family and friends that he loved to ride and knew the risk. You know what if you think about it we all are living on borrowed time. And we never know when the lord will call us home.
I totally agree with this statement. I do what I can to minimize the risk, but at the end of the day my truck is a much safer mode of transportation. I have even gone the extra step of telling both of my children to not let there mother's emotions over ride common sense if I am in a accident and left in a serious state. It is what it is and a lifestyle I have chosen.

Sent using Tapatalk

One of the craziest I have seen ... I have been doing a ministry in the brain trauma unit at our VA hospital for over 10 years. Lots of bike wrecks, but one took the weird cake. This guy, Vietnam Vet, was riding in PA with a group of his buddies. A deer darts out and tries to jump his bike. It lands on the back of his bike and he is dragging this deer down the road. It was a buck, and when it thrashed, an antler went up under the guys helmet and pierced through his skull into his brain. He survived. You could hold a normal conversation with him on one day, and the next day not. He went legally blind. I see lots of accident victims but this still rings as the most bizarre.

I had several friends die young riding. But one friend died from lumber falling off a truck. Since then I avoid anything with auxilliary ***** on board, trucks, trailers, and uhauls. Stay as far away from the greatest danger as possible. Ride safe safe travels

Totally agree also, my family has all been told if you get the call I was killed in a wreck on my bike. Just know I went out with a grin, and I was doing what I loved. Now ya'll go have a beer!

Motorcyclist Killed

Motorcyclist Killed

Trying this from a phone, apologies in the format is wrong.

Agree with Red One. We never know. Innocent person killed here the other night. Wrong way driver on the Interstate....who was also killed...and may have been impared. Most of us here realize we are not garunteed tomorrow, but that goes for everyone, in every walk of life. I will do all I can to stay safe, but in the end, the good Lord has the final say.

Odie1

I had several friends die young riding. But one friend died from lumber falling off a truck. Since then I avoid anything with auxilliary excrement on board, trucks, trailers, and uhauls. Stay as far away from the greatest danger as possible. Ride safe safe travels
Great advise, I never really (actively) think about that.

Totally agree also, my family has all been told if you get the call I was killed in a wreck on my bike. Just know I went out with a grin, and I was doing what I loved. Now ya'll go have a beer!
Must have seen this somewhere, those are the exact same words I've said to my family.

I kiss my wife, kids and fur babies when possible before I ride into the Jaws of Hell (LA freeways). Also pray over those Ill be shepherding, riding with, and all in our path. I enjoy also reading Psalm 23 and ask for some angelic protection till my day and hour comes. Then its good bye Earthly bonds and hello Eterinity with He who is Grace incarnate.

Do what you will with me Honda.
;)

I kiss my wife, kids and fur babies when possible before I ride into the Jaws of Hell (LA freeways). Also pray over those Ill be shepherding, riding with, and all in our path. I enjoy also reading Psalm 23 and ask for some angelic protection till my day and hour comes. Then its good bye Earthly bonds and hello Eterinity with He who is Grace incarnate.

Do what you will with me Honda.
;)

AV8R, Did you or do you have a ZRX? I sold mine but seem to remember you from that owners site. Or was it the Blackbird site? Anywho, agreed, I pray when I get on my bike for angels to keep me safe. I also tied a cross onto my bike.

Back
Top Bottom