Battery??

08 ST1300ABS. Not sure where this post should go. The last 3-4 times I've started my bike, instead of immediately going to a higher rpm until it warms up and drops down, it has struggled for a few seconds before going to the higher rpms as usual. Today when I started it, it immediately stalled. It restarted back up and by me working the throttle a little, went up to the higher rpm as it should. Could this be a low battery voltage issue? Needed fuel filter change? The other thing I've noticed is that when I park the bike in the garage I hear intermittant gurgling sounds from the gas tank, like air is trying to be sucked in to the tank to allow the gas to flow. Again, needed fuel filter change? Any help would be appreciated.
Magicman

Could be an obstruction in the tank vent hoses, especially if the filler cap appears to be "sucked in" and hard to open. Bunch of them terminate under the bike, next to oil filter. Try clearing them with a length of straightened wire coat hanger.

The battery is the one thing I don't think it is... could be the 5 way Tee needs to be cleaned. I'd start with that.

Mine was doing something similar, and I got a F1 light. Cleaned out the 5 way t with the help of some friends, put in some Seafoam in the gas tank, and no issues so far. If it was the battery, you'd get the clock reset I think.

Thanks so much for the suggestions so far. I took some solder wire and ran it up the vent hoses under the bike at least 8" and they did not seem to be blocked. I'll check the 5 way t next. And Seafoam is never a bad idea. Thank you.
Magic

Back
Top Bottom