Cooling devices for riding

Bike
2003 ST1300
Anyone have anything like this?
I think I can see the pros and cons of each system and wonder if it's worth it.

I don't ride in NC during the very hot summers - just way too hard to get any enjoyment with ATGATT (which I'm never without)

The first link is an older video by MCRider and the second link looks like a copy of what he's talking about.

Several to choose from...

RUKKA has one with a blower fan...

I just received some sleeves I'd ordered, to wear as cooling instruments. Yesterday it was so hot I added a Noraly-type head scarf / mask / neck warmer I got at REI a year ago.
I wetted both in water, as well as my Duluth beanie I use as a helmet liner, and it helped some.
The arm sleeves, however, were completely dry under my mesh jacket in 20-30 minutes, but felt refreshing while wet. Just wish they held water longer.20230805_141412.jpg20230805_141423.jpg

I'm sure there will be more gadgets like this as the heat continues. It's a shame the Veskimo went away, but that was very pricey. There was another thread along these lines recently, maybe @Mellow will add a subforum called "Cooling devices" under the Clothing forum.

I'm sure there will be more gadgets like this as the heat continues. It's a shame the Veskimo went away, but that was very pricey. There was another thread along these lines recently, maybe @Mellow will add a subforum called "Cooling devices" under the Clothing forum.
Looks like he did a long time ago.

I just received some sleeves I'd ordered, to wear as cooling instruments. Yesterday it was so hot I added a Noraly-type head scarf / mask / neck warmer I got at REI a year ago.
I wetted both in water, as well as my Duluth beanie I use as a helmet liner, and it helped some.
The arm sleeves, however, were completely dry under my mesh jacket in 20-30 minutes, but felt refreshing while wet. Just wish they held water longer.View attachment 318354

Forearms and neck are prime areas for cooling as you have lots of veins & arteries close to the surface to dissipate the heat.

Makes me wish I had buttoned that nice ice chest for my trailer with the nice embroidered cover...whuch i promptly lost on friggin' Day One.
Oh well, I can find another.
I should do that.

Last edited:
Last week, I wore my evaporative vest under a mesh jacket, coming through Illinois at 102F. After about an hour, I poured a bottle of water inside the front of my shirt to get me through another hour.

John

I had something like the setup above with a cooler full of ice and water, and a pump which circulated the cold water through specially shaped pads to cool various body parts post surgery. Shoulders and hips in my case. I always wondered if it could be rigged up on the motorcycle but before I decided to experiment, I retired and don't spend my summers in the desert heat any longer. Seems like it might be a solution in humid climates where evaporative cooling doesn't do much if anything. I figured I'd cool my neck or kidney areas.

This came out a few years ago.

Thats funny. Reading the description it says its good on a snowmobile :rofl1:

Back
Top Bottom