Curfew at Deal’s Gap

If the little old lady is out riding thru Deal's Gap for fun (as that was the premise of my post) when she's been told not to, yes.
If folks want to do stupid things we have 2 options. Prevent them as required, or let them do it and leave them to whatever may happen.
If you want to not follow along with the herd you don't get the herd protection. You can't have both.

So, no one is spreading the virus by going to the store? I went to Lowe's last Saturday. The garden department looked like any other regular Saturday. I stopped by the grocery store on my way home. I interacted with way more people than I ever do on my bike.
I agree that we need to stop this thing but with all the exceptions for being able to go out, there is no way that folks are not spreading it. Hell, I'd venture to say that the cat has long been out of the bag and we're not going to stop it short of a vaccine or cure.

Going to the store because you need to is not the same a going out because you just want to. Yes, there are things we have to do that could / can / will spread the virus. If you don't have to do it, don't. I don't think that's a difficult concept for people to understand - only for them to follow.

Going to the store because you need to is not the same a going out because you just want to. Yes, there are things we have to do that could / can / will spread the virus. If you don't have to do it, don't. I don't think that's a difficult concept for people to understand - only for them to follow.

You should always have at least 2 weeks provisions on hand. You never know when a tornado or any other type of natural disaster might hit. If people are not smart enough to do that, we should just leave them laying in the ditch like your rider at Deals Gap, right? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Haha
Reactions: Tor
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
You know, opinions are lot like armpits - everybody has a couple and a lot of them stink. ;)
Making broad sweeping statements about other people's decisions based on our view of the world and what we know or have been told is not helping anyone. I don't live where you live and you don't live where I live so I am not going to pass judgment on what you do or don't do.
Matter of fact, I think living as far north and east as you do is absolutely crazy with all the cold and snow. :biggrin:
Cold and snow can be hazardous to your well-being - people die from the cold. But you see it differently, prepare differently, and that's your business.
And I'm not going to pass judgment on your decisions just because I don't understand them.

If you want to not follow along with the herd you don't get the herd protection. You can't have both.

As an old boss of mine would say, "Don't threaten me with a good time!"

I'm a timberwolf by nature. Always have been, always will be. I've never believed in the "herd". In fact, when I see a mass of people all going one direction, my instinct is to automatically go the other way. This current global chorus of camel bleating is no different to me.

Well maybe you will all get lucky, I'll get the virus and die and you can all chuckle and say "see, what good did all those precautions do you?"

That's the way it goes. Nothing is certain. You play the odds the best you can and hope for the best. We are closing new things every day. Today all non life sustaining businesses were ordered closed by Thursday. Liquor stores, Hotels, grocery stores drive through and curb side food service, and gas stations remain open. Right now Courts are only closed to April 10th, but I expect that to be extended. Our new Governor has become a local internet celebrity. He comes on every day at 5 for his briefing on TV and Facebook live. I never miss it. He has taken a bad situation and clearly made the best of it.

I was hoping for a motorhome trip this spring to FL. We'll see how things go, but things are way too uncertain to go. Looking at FL and their late response leads me to believe they may have a huge spike 2 weeks from now. If the "you know what" hits the fan all hell could break loose down there. I don't want to be there if that happens. If I were to get sick I would be fooked.

EDIT Thought this was funny. "Andy at 5" sung to the tune of Wanted, Dead or Alive. Andy is the governor, Virginia signs for the hearing impaired, and Kenneth does the charts. NTI is remote instruction for students.

Last edited:
Well maybe you will all get lucky, I'll get the virus and die and you can all chuckle and say "see, what good did all those precautions do you?"
No one wants that at all.

Kentucky's Governor is on our local news also. He was pretty ticked tonight. The latest case of Corona Virus in northern Kentucky was a fellow that caught it at a "Corona Virus" party.

Back
Top Bottom