Delkevic Exhaust Installed, Nice

Does the upgraded exhaust offer better performance than stock or is it strictly for looks, sound etc.

Barto ,to answer your question ,I would say yes , I think they ran a Dyno test on the ST and it put out a few more ponies across the rpm range . The bike seems to rev quicker and pull harder ,also less weight ,run a heck of a lot cooler ,look and sound great ! A great addition to the ST IMHO !

:slv13: MIKE

Oh yes...
it ( the pipes ) run much cooler, saved around 20lbs. and it now sounds like
the Jetson mobile on steroids, deep growl under acceleration. Money well spent.

Hi Boys,

hbonser here... Just had to check back in on the forum to see how the Delkevic deal worked out, and MAN, you guys took it to the moon!

Good job, I'm happy to see it's worked out and wish I could have kept my ST 1300. Been listening to the sound clips, it sounds great and looks like the hidden character or "beast within" is showing like it should have all along with that slick V-4 motor.

Keep it up!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWyupeBBoqA&feature=related"]YouTube - Delkevic Pipes on ST1300 (w/Silencers)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CajergOCyQs"]YouTube - Delkevic Pipes on ST1300 (no silencers)

:D

My only complaint with both my previous ST1100 and my current ST1300 has been that they sound like I'm riding a Kenmore. Just installed my Delkevic's this morning (about 1 hour) and couldn't be more pleased. Aside from sounding great, they look great too! Fit and finish is exceptional. As for the wife, well she's just confused about the whole subject!

I really like the idea but if I told my wife I wanted to spend $300 so my bike would sound better she'd have a stroke! And who needs that?

Damn Bill...............They look great!!! I think Im sold
Thanks !!
Still enjoying the fact that my V4 sounds like it should.
I think that the exhaust upgrade and the Spencerized seat really helped out in the only areas that Honda fell a little short. Just my humble opinion.....

I just installed a set of stainless oval Delkevics ...I thought I'd mention that my mid pipes were definitely mislabed.The left was the right and the right was the left. The confusing part is that they will fit and mount up and look good even if reversed ...until you try to put the bags on. Then you find you need an inch or two more clearance!! Anyway, if you get a set, be sure to try a loose fit on one side and then try to put the saddlebag on before you bolt everything down ...thanks ...curt

Just installed my Delkevics, and can also confirm the pipes were mislabeled. I was watching for it because of discussion here. Somebody needs to let the manufacturer know! Too cold for a test ride here, but in the garage they sound nice. Not loud, but a very deep tone. My main goal is to eliminate the catalytic converter heat. Not looking for sound, I don't mind a silent motorcycle.

Hello, As some of you know I got some damage to my STs exhaust and had been contemplating getting Two Brothers . Then I found Delkevic a Euro base Company.
No one had anything bad to say about them and at under $300 for the set, I jumped !
No Instructions but it was a cinch to install and if any ST guys (or any bike) shows up here with them in a box I will be happy to do the install. Love them, Think their quality is on par with the big boys at half the price.
Here is a link to what they sound like and another to their site.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55fIGDx3710
http://www.delkevic.u...

Update, after a few thousand miles on my carbon fiber Delks' , the sound at idle seems to be pretty much stock, but once you open her up, say around 5,000 rpm the fun starts and the bike really sounds like it should. (IMHO ) Not so loud that it becomes annoying on a long ride, but a more serious growl, sort of like a track bike. The carbon fiber still looks new and still very pleased with fit, finish, and the fact that they are easy to maintain. ( less chrome to polish , except end caps )

I can't seem to find the link to the Delkevic Exhaust installation. I've just received Tri-Oval Delkevic Carbon Fiber exhaust and want to read as much as I can prior to installing them. Thanks.

doliven, there is actually no install instructions that I know of ! I wiil give my step by step install

1. Good Idea to lay out all the parts and determine the left and right sides, The header pipes were both the same on mine ,so I don,t get how some members are getting confused !
2. prefit the pipes into the cans to see how they fit and to determine how far in they fit and I would mark a line for final assy ! also check your clamps, the bolts on mine were super long , so I cut some off as to not protrude out too far .
3. When you remove old cans The exhaust gasket may stay in the header pipe or may come of with the can , either way you need them or you can get new ones just to be safe ! The header clamps stay on the bike ,you will reuse those on the new ones.
4. Slip on the new cans and head pipes , leaving all loosely fit !
5. With the bike on center stand , check and measure each time as you tighten things up and line up true and eaqual on each side , this may take a few tries if your picky like me !
6. When you get all lined up, tighten and recheck all .
7. Fire up the beast, check for leaks ,and listen to the sweet sounding growl at low rpms!
8. Go ride
Hope this helps, feel free to PM me if any more questions !

MIKE :slv13:

Back
Top Bottom