It is with heavy heart, Paulcb - 2022-05-26

Paul lived out his faith and knew mercy was not getting what he deserved and grace was getting what he didn’t deserve.

465721F3-4165-4DD9-AF62-5300C3D297F0.jpeg

Crap!!! I just got back from a motocamping trip to Vermont and this is the first thing I read while catching up. I'm in such shock. I congratulated Paul after his successful Heart of Texas rally a month ago and was looking forward to seeing him in Wyoming next month at the LDX rally. I met Paul for lunch in NJ at the end of 2020 when he rode up from Texas to see family. We spoke about ST's, rallies, family, retirement etc. I will cherish that time I spent with him. He spoke very highly of his family and the relationship he had with his brother. Dang it, we lost a good one!!! :(

Just now seeing this. Condolences to the Burns family. I just saw Paul and Greg two weeks ago at a RTE before his departure to get his new bike. It had been way to long since I had seen them. This really hit me hard. Paul was a great guy! He will truly missed. I have to work Saturday or I would be there. I will definitely be saying prayers for the family.
RIP Paul!

Last edited:
Obviously Paul was a well liked and respected member of this forum for many years and many of us would like to know what happened just 3 miles from his home that fateful night. Does anyone know the answer to that?

Obviously Paul was a well liked and respected member of this forum for many years and many of us would like to know what happened just 3 miles from his home that fateful night. Does anyone know the answer to that?
Not at the moment. Those backroads aren't very technical so could be deer/animal, gravel, etc.. I can ask his brother if he has any details that might help use understand what happened.

Not at the moment. Those backroads aren't very technical so could be deer/animal, gravel, etc.. I can ask his brother if he has any details that might help use understand what happened.
I wouldn't even ask, it's way to early. Let the dust settle and the family grieve.

If the family desires they will offer whatever information they want public. Fatality vehicle accidents even single vehicle ones (which it may or may not be), aren't the same as fender benders or even serious injury accidents. It could be a while before any investigation is completed, and there is almost always litigation of some sort.

Tom

@Bush, I made a research on internet. Din't find anything yet. But some site can show you the police report of an accident, or a motorcycle crash. It could take a few days before the report show up.
I made a google search with Celina, Tx, accident. I saw other reports dating from previous weeks. But nothing yet for may 26th.

I also try to find from where Paul was coming. Using Mapquest, from Pagosa Spring, Colorado to Celina Texas. Paul took the US285 to join to 40, at Clines Corners, where he had a break, and then headed east, toward Texas. That was a long ride, as he said himself, the day before : about 13 hours.
I'm not sure if he came from south of Celina or from north. Both are possible. 3 miles from his house, south west, there is a road crossing, a kind of "Y". Not sure if it's there, but...
We'll see.

[edit] I just noticed that Paul published a link with his tentative route at the beginning of the thread. He modyfied some parts after that, but, from Amarillo, he certainly kept it as it was.
1654207611337.png

In his 2nd day in the trip, post number 59, Paul wrote : "Didn’t know I’d get this high. Perfect day here."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom