Rededication to our fallen friends, replacing Moki Dugway Memorial canister

I have been waiting anxiously for this report, George.

I am really sorry to see the can go...

Terry started this memorial for Putt, it only seemed natural to add 'part of him' to it. Some of you know, some don't, that I added a couple of things from my friend Ray, and an original STOC coin for all the 'fallen members'. I like that it is a memorial for fallen friends, and in a location that not everybody will go to...

BTW, it isn't part of any park system, just a Utah roadway. Muley point (on top) and Goosenecks (in the valley) ARE state parks. Valley of the Gods is a tribal site, I think.

Just read this in the original thread. Seems likely that one of the geo-cachers might have stumbled across it perhaps...

Scott, I wouldn't think a real GeoCacher would'a disturbed another package. Also, I didn't see sign of a geocache there last week. it's possible our package just got washed away ("warshed" if yur from the mid-west. :D) I looked over the edge and scanned down along the obvious wash, but didn't see any debris.

Scott, I wouldn't think a real GeoCacher would'a disturbed another package. Also, I didn't see sign of a geocache there last week. it's possible our package just got washed away ("warshed" if yur from the mid-west. :D) I looked over the edge and scanned down along the obvious wash, but didn't see any debris.

George, I don't think a real GeoCacher would take it either but you never know who else might be stopped in the area that might observe a GeoCacher doing their search and take interest. Let's hope that if someone did take the original package that they don't end up there again after the next one is started...

I wasn't concerned when we found the GeoCache near by. Those guys are looking for a specific spot...I have stumbled on more than a few in this part of the world, and they seem to just be visited, not disturbed...

I have a hard time believing 'washed away', too. That packet was stuck back in a crack pretty good, seems that snow melt and rain would have 'washed around' rather than over. Not the first time I have been mistaken about that sort of thing, either.

I'm guessing 'casual tourist' with no particular sense of propriety. People do wander into that part of the world, that's how Putt found it...

Anyway, I think I have an original 'Terry Sticker' to add...

Here's what I have.

It looks big but it's only 3.5" tall. I'll put something on the inside lid that is viewable from the top that says something like "PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE Geo cache for a fallen Motorcyclist" or something like that.

Attachments

• IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 52

The Geo is to the left of where the Putt would have been. We spent the better part of a hour looking for this thing. I found the Geo easy. Putt's thing was not there. Only a lizard in the spot where it was supposed to be. Lots of traffic up and down that road. Lots of site seers. No short of people walking around and looking for things. IMO

Here's the location.

Same general spot but on the right side, down low, there's a step and it's behind that.

Attachments

• Image1991398073.png
    Image1991398073.png
    470.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Image2020251040.png
    Image2020251040.png
    408 KB · Views: 92
  • Image2050342074.jpg
    Image2050342074.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 86
I don't suppose you got a way point for where to stop along the road?

I'll find it, hopefully this fall,,, already have a couple things including a copy of Putt's eulogy from the funeral.

I don't suppose you got a way point for where to stop along the road?

I don't but can figure it out, may have to wait til I get home, not sure how to do it on the tablet. Someone else may post and beat me too it.

Back
Top Bottom