Riddle me this, PanMan

NewtonNole

Site Supporter
When I cancel, both come on solid.
When I select left, we find a solid right.
When I select right, I get a solid left.
What am I?

:)

Having fun with a current electrical gremlin that I assume is the relay.

So you get running/position lights, but no flashers?

Relay most likely I'd have thought, but does the flasher fuse on US bikes also power the running lights?

I have running lights but when I select left turn, I get a solid right (and reversed). I don't think hazards work at all, but I cannot recall.

One of the bulbs is out.
On the old style #1157 bulbs (etc) when either of the elements goes out, it causes a solid (non-blinking) light etc.
If your running LED bulbs, your probably dealing with the typical "made in china" quality control that folks have been having issues with lately.
Try new bulbs, or find the damaged one.
:WCP1:

One of the bulbs is out.
On the old style #1157 bulbs (etc) when either of the elements goes out, it causes a solid (non-blinking) light etc.
If your running LED bulbs, your probably dealing with the typical "made in china" quality control that folks have been having issues with lately.
Try new bulbs, or find the damaged one.
:WCP1:
Thank you sir. Will do.

I have never had a burnt out bulb on my ST, so I don't know what effect it has, so I am curious. If the broken element has fallen on to and shorted out against the remaining element, that makes sense. If it is just a normal burn out of the element that is used for the flashing part of the bulb, doesn't it cause rapid flashing to indicate a burnt out bulb like it does on cars?

The bulbs on our ST's are different than older style motorcycles, however, years back, a common way to get your bike home at night after you've lost your headlight, would be to pull one of the rear turn signal bulbs, this will cause your front signals to NOT blink, and would at least give you a little bit of light to see with etc.
Cars/rapid flashing, Bikes/solid on or off, at least that's been my experience.

Cars/rapid flashing, Bikes/solid on or off, at least that's been my experience.
I wasn't aware of that. I only know what the effect of a burnt out flasher element is on cars, not motorcycles. I guess I have been lucky to have never suffered a burnt out bulb on a motorcycle.
It depends on the type of flasher.
As far as cars go, I thought that the rapid flashing to indicate a burnt out bulb was required under the vehicle lighting laws.

Back
Top Bottom