Whatcha readin'?

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I have read around seventy books in the last year, all science fiction, mostly in sets, waiting for next in series on a couple of them.....

Recently started re-reading an old non-fiction book: Believers Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

Bike
'99 ST1100 AX
Condemned, its one of those books that are hard to put down once you get into the story ... ... will have to track down the rest in the series with the same characters :)

1705592305923.png

Bike
2006 ST1300
Doesn't matter what you read, its all a personal choice, just like choosing a bike to ride. Ghost Rider was quite a book. I wish I felt comfortable enough to go off on a bike like he did - into some very real rural areas. On the other hand, he was, to a certain extent, healing himself, just like Cheryl Strayed when she did the Pacific Coast Trail.
'Roadshow' is also a great read. It's been a few years and I only read it once because it wasn't my copy, but I can still remember a few scenes from it, like the fan who managed to get onboard the tour bus and was met by Peart's security guard! For what it's worth, I'm also a huge Rush fan.

I'm currently working my way through Elspeth Beard's book, 'Lone Rider'. Not even 25 years old at the time and she jolly well went for it. I wish I could be that...fearless. Wikipedia explains the major events of her adventure but it's a bit of a spoiler, too, so I only skimmed as far as I had already read in the book.

IMG_20240216_201737000.jpg

sirbike

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Here’s one by the first person to fly nonstop England to America.
Thought it would be about the flight but she covers her life from childhood. Incredible adventures and dangers.
So well written that Ernest Hemingway read it then said he was ashamed to call himself a writer.

IMG_6231.png

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
The book is great. It would be a real challenge to capture it all in a movie, even a series. I don’t get Apple TV, but I will be curious to watch that series when I first finish the book. It’s a big book!

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
The book is great. It would be a real challenge to capture it all in a movie, even a series. I don’t get Apple TV, but I will be curious to watch that series when I first finish the book. It’s a big book!
I’ll was hoping for something along the lines of Band of Brothers or The Pacific but Masters of the Air characters are very wooden, the dialogue is predictable. Overall it’s just too slick. Too much cool and not enough scared out of their wits.

Last edited:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I have read around seventy books in the last year, all science fiction, mostly in sets, waiting for next in series on a couple of them....
Since I liked the series (watched it twice...) I went for the full 9 book novel set of The Expanse... and yes, I read them in English...

OP
OP
Tor

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Bought this several years ago. Decent read, but not the best motorcycle travel book out there. Ted is still with us, at 92 years.IMG_3028.JPEG

Bike
05 ST1300
Another John Grisham fan here, I think I’ve read all of his books, except the kids stuff. Own several. Same with Wilbur Smith, own most of his. And Lee Child, the Jack Reacher series. I go through the whole stack and a couple years later start again

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I’ll was hoping for something along the lines of Band of Brothers or The Pacific but Masters of the Air characters are very wooden, the dialogue is predictable. Overall it’s just too slick. Too much cool and not enough scared of of their wits.
Have you also read the book? It seems to put across the feelings pretty well. If you have read the book, how would you compare it to the movie?

OP
OP
Tor

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Half way through this one. I am a big Kristin Hannah fan. This one is her latest,,,,I think. The Women, meaning the combat nurses that served in Vietnam. Great stuff.

1709827746516.png

Bike
2005 ST-1300
This is a book about long distance motorcycle riding and the iron butt association and why crazy people enjoy going nowhere for no particular reason. Definitely is making me feel like I am not crazy.61quIe2g8jL._SL1208_.jpg

Top Bottom