STOC TAG

George.... you old tempter you...... hmmm... Vegas?

Immediately goes to cheap flights website................

Not a gambler by the way.....

Looks like an offer I wouldn't be able to refuse.

What's the latest report from JD? .... JD??

As I mentioned elsewhere, as I start a new job in March and close part of our own business, I can not come to Moonshine this year......

There are two pre-requisites for attending from this fair land..... time and money, neither of which are in any form of abundance right now.

Yes, I am gutted that I cannot come over, George's offer was a great one, I know Uncle Phil would have graciously allowed me to ride one of his STeed's too, but there are other priorities which must take precedent.

Perhaps another year, but hopefully the TAGs will be winging back to George from JD as we type these words......

I was honoured to have been asked to bring the TAGs over, I hope the trip they have been on has been a memorable one for those involved, it was for me.

Thanks to all who have been involved.... Cammy, Derek, JD and everyone who got a chance to write in the book.

Since Adam started this as much as a tribute to his brother as anything else, seems appropriate to mention: today would have been Derek's 42nd Birthday, have to wonder what he would be doing now. I still miss my boy as do his mother, brother, and extended family.
IMG_6069 (1200x813).jpg

George,

We are there with you thinking about Derek! I sure wish that I could have met him. Take care and I will see you soon.

Mike

My apologies for dropping from sight for a bit. From work travel to a laptop crash to just life to the coldest winter in Europe in 27 years, I just have not been on. The injuries I sustained in my accident in August have really taken a toll, I have hit a plateau and have not been able to move past it. The PT I saw here yesterday has changed up my routines, hopefully that will get me past this and moving better.

Here are few more pictures:

Ally and I participated in the British Forces Vesuvius 10K, 5K and 2K run. We walked the 5K in 56 1/2 minutes. The grade starts at 7% and ends at 12%. Here are a before and after. The finishline was here: 40.8283789N 14.4265026E

The next three photos are from Matera, Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sassi_di_Matera). We stayed at the Locanda di San Martino hotel (http://www.locandadisanmartino.it/index.php?id=100&L=1). What a great weekend. If you are in southern Italy, you have to go to see the Sassi.

JD

Attachments

• 2011 11 11 Vesuvius Race Before 01.JPG
    2011 11 11 Vesuvius Race Before 01.JPG
    389.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2011 11 11 Vesuvius Race After 02.JPG
    2011 11 11 Vesuvius Race After 02.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 2011 11 25 Matera 01.JPG
    2011 11 25 Matera 01.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 2011 11 25 Matera 03.JPG
    2011 11 25 Matera 03.JPG
    241.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2011 11 25 Matera 04.JPG
    2011 11 25 Matera 04.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 17
Here are two more photo's:

The first is the only photo that survived from a trip to Germany in Dec. There is a small Christmas Market outside between the airport concourses in Munich. This has been a bad year for me and electronics!

The last photo is from Grants House in Galena, IL. We were looking at wedding and recption locations.

JD

Attachments

• 2011 12 16 Germany.JPG
    2011 12 16 Germany.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 10
  • 2011 Dec 22 Galena Il.JPG
    2011 Dec 22 Galena Il.JPG
    398.5 KB · Views: 12
I was told Monday I needed to be in Jacksonville and SE Georgia on Thursday, and here I am.

It is not looking good for me to be able to personally get to Moonshine this year, more details on that later, can't speak about it in public yet. I spoke with ddeulin just before coming back to the states. He has gracefully accepted my request to past the TAG to him in JAX tomorrow.

It has been a pleasure to be able to move the TAG around, I just wish I could have gone farther and to more places.

JD

You did great James!

Hope the therapy works better for you moving forward.

dduelin is a great choice to take up the mantel. Thanks a ton for carrying the torch, Jim. Sure hope you get some healing. Do what the PT people say, and keep us poSTed on yur next posting.

The TAG has been passed.

I am at a friends house on his computer - he doesn't have a wireless router :(. He has some sort of blocker that won't let me upload the photo of the pass. I will do it while I am out and about tomorrow!!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, I appreciate it!!

Joe, I have a 50,000 mile photo for you also!

JD

Thanks for carrying the TAG's JD, you did a good job of taking them around Italy and other parts!

Hope your physical health improves daily........

Also hope to meet you one day to hoist a Dr. Pepper!

I met up with MAC_JD last night and accepted the tag. We had some challenges getting a photo done on a rainy night but we prevailed. This is a well traveled tag for sure. I am honored to move it on and see that it gets back to Moonshine this year.

That'll do just fine... glad to see you guys meet up and pass the torch. Thanks for the good job moving the Boys through the world.

Great job, Dave and Jim. Glad to see it moving again. I mean still... don't think it's set very long in any one spot. :D

I am very happy with how this has moved around, and look forward to seeing it at moonshine this year. I may refresh the book depending on condition and space left when I see it, but have high hopes we can send it on an even longer journey this year. (Anyone from Australia or China coming to Moonshine this year?)

-Adam

Are you in Prestwick for any length of time, or just staging.... (fuel/rest/ crew change)

Back
Top Bottom