STOC TAG

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
If it's overnight and you are in a local hotel, let me know, I might be able to get down to have a coffee/tea/chat/eyeball with you!

When I was stationed at the Navy squadron at Prestwick back in the late '70's my now wife worked in the Scottish and Oceanic Air Traffic Control Centre....

Of course I start my new job on the 5th March but could still maybe make time to have a meet......

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Wahorn and I took some pictures in downtown Cowford (Jacksonville, FL) to continue this Tag.

Tomorrow I will saddle up for the ride to Moonshine 2012.

Attachments

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Looking forward to seeing the package again. I been thinking, I'm gonna make a disc with pics from this site, and maybe print a few to stick in the bag too.

Moonshine Transfer. :D

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I am so sorry that i couldn't come over this year.... both lack of finance and the new job to improve that situation have prevented the best laid plans of mice an men...

I was so honoured to have been given the tags to bring them over to Urp..... thanks to ALL who participated over here, Cammy, Derek, MacJD and any others I have missed from the Urp contingent..... thank you ALL for joining in to take the TAGS around Scotland, London, the Alps, Italy and so on....

You are all stars!

Maybe next year....... (eyes glazing over and far away look on face).... Perhaps anyone going to New Zealand or Australia could participate?

Hope you all enjoy Moonshine, when you hoist your Moonburger, Amish Cherry Pie and Ice cream and root beer/DrPepper, think of us poor lonely individuals who can't make it this year.......

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Tag is now in the hands of Mt. Mike. He'll move it around some. :D

Thanks to MD and Dave and all the previous tranporters for a great job, and for getting it back to STrayCatt at Moonshine.
IMG_6599 (859x1600).jpg

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
I see peeks, valleys, forests with camping fires and plenty of traveling folks in this TAG's near future.

Bravo to these boys excorts....:wave1:

Travel well, Mike. ;)

Mountain Mike

I frequent the IBA Motel
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Thank you for the honor for the big Moonshine hand off! I already have some great places in mind that are fitting for someone like me to introduce Derek, Charlie, Terry, and Putt to im my riding area.

The rules are simple:

Locate the current tag, and the tag package. Get a photo of your motorcycle with the tag/tag package, and then move it on.

Transfer of the tag/tag package can be a simple hand off, much like the pony express, or a delayed hand-off with the tag package secreted near the tag location.

A log book entry should also be made for each Tag location.

Teaser Tags, shots of the tag package's journey, are also allowed and encouraged.

Repeats are allowed, and the tag package does not have to travel via motorcycle, although that is the preferred method. Aircraft, watercraft, horses, and cars are all allowed, to name a few. The reason for this is, I would love to see this tag spread beyond the borders of North America, and even potentially cross oceans (if anyone carries it that far. Please do!!)

May this Tag travel everywhere Derek and Charlie hoped to ride ...
OK, so just reading up on this because my idea of this package was a little different than whats written above, so I want to make sure I fully understand the rules.

I'm seeing people take photos of the metal tags at cool places and when you hand the package off to the next person you write it in the log book? What confuses me is all the entries in the log book, so it seems the rules have evolved over time?

OP
OP
STraycatt

STraycatt

Go Ride!!
Bike
2013 Black CB500X
STOC #
The rules list the minimums, but don't restrict further entries. Ultimately, aside from the minimum entries at each tag location, you can put, or allow to be put, whatever entries you choose.

-Adam

Mountain Mike

I frequent the IBA Motel
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Here we go, Trekker Dave, Gene, and myself routing the night before my first rally Cape Fear 1000. The tags will be with me my entire trip, and I plan to have another photo op at the finish if I'm not too exhausted to remember.

Edit: added a "End of Rally" photo in front of the scoring tables.

Attachments

Mountain Mike

I frequent the IBA Motel
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
The guys joined Rose and I at our wedding in memory. Here is a photo at the head table.

Everything went better than planned! We had a solid 5 days of partying and my only wish was to knock down a wall so we would have room for all my ST family, but sadly it was a packed house and funds did not permit.

I know its going to be asked, I cant stand rings, so rose made me a stylish wedding band bracelet that should last us a lifetime.

Edit: I still have a photo of after the rally I need to upload to the above post, but forgot in all the wedding commotion.

Attachments

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Excellent!

Nice to see those smiles after all those miles!

Congratulations to you both!

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
I like the unconventional style you guys chose. Congratulations to you both and thanks for keeping the Boys moving.
:wave1:

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
That has to be the classiest pic in the whole album. Congrats to youse guys, be happy forever. :D

Mountain Mike

I frequent the IBA Motel
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
The guys kept me company on a 20 mile walk around Boston.

I know the intent is to go riding, but you caught me at a short stretch between riding trips, so I figured I would take them places ST's can't go... Stay tuned.:)

Attachments

Top Bottom