Replacement for the Honda ST1300 in 20??

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Re: Replacement for the Honda ST1300 in 2014?

I get it,,it is too expensive,,but you guys are missing the point. It is an exotic toy and they don't come cheap. Is it a toss up between an Italian sports car and a Fiesta? IF you have enough expendable money,,,read NO worries at all,,,why would the price keep you from such a cool bike. I bet someone on the forum will one day let us know how they like theirs.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #

DRZ, $3000
Tent, $150
Gas 'n Tars $26,850

Go Ride? PRICELESS. :D
I think I saw a whole pile of stuff for that bike in another post not on that list! Just sayin' ;)
I know with my XR I've almost doubled the original price buying crap for it. For $30k I could have bought +20 of them, however.

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #

DRZ, $3000
Tent, $150
Gas 'n Tars $26,850

Go Ride? PRICELESS. :D
I think I saw a whole pile of stuff for that bike in another post not on that list! Just sayin' ;)
I know with my XR I've almost doubled the original price buying crap for it. For $30k I could have bought +20 of them, however.
Dave, I gave only $1500 for the bike initially plus the pile of parts to which you allude equals the $3000 figure.

I get it,,it is too expensive,,but you guys are missing the point. It is an exotic toy and they don't come cheap. Is it a toss up between an Italian sports car and a Fiesta? IF you have enough expendable money,,,read NO worries at all,,,why would the price keep you from such a cool bike. I bet someone on the forum will one day let us know how they like theirs.
I think that this could be more than an exotic toy. Unlike Italian sport bikes, this bike is actually intended (by design) to be a sports touring motorcycle. Hell, the first photos of it that were published all had luggage on the bike.

All I'm saying is that it has the forward-facing V4, it is a sport touring bike by design, and sounds a lot better than an ST13. So, if I was in the market for a new bike like the K1600, I would put this bike above it in the list.

With respect to pricing, I believe that this is the price range that Honda would have to price an all-new ST13 at, given the shrinking market. In other words, if you want to build a really nice, niche market bike from scratch, this what you would have to sell them for. If you sold more, then the price could go down.

This was my point with the survey. There are lot of people who would expect Honda to produce something like a Motus, with all the bells and whistles of the K1600, but priced under $15k. I don't really see that as feasible unless you could sell a lot of them.

And if you had the budget for a K1600, being an American, wouldn't you be prepared to pay a little more and support an American business?

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #

I think that this could be more than an exotic toy. Unlike Italian sport bikes, this bike is actually intended (by design) to be a sports touring motorcycle. Hell, the first photos of it that were published all had luggage on the bike.

All I'm saying is that it has the forward-facing V4, it is a sport touring bike by design, and sounds a lot better than an ST13. So, if I was in the market for a new bike like the K1600, I would put this bike above it in the list.

With respect to pricing, I believe that this is the price range that Honda would have to price an all-new ST13 at, given the shrinking market. In other words, if you want to build a really nice, niche market bike from scratch, this what you would have to sell them for. If you sold more, then the price could go down.

This was my point with the survey. There are lot of people who would expect Honda to produce something like a Motus, with all the bells and whistles of the K1600, but priced under $15k. I don't really see that as feasible unless you could sell a lot of them.

And if you had the budget for a K1600, being an American, wouldn't you be prepared to pay a little more and support an American business?
I did not intend to say it was an exotic toy. Rather that people with deep pockets will spend way more that that for an exotic toy. I love this bike but will never own one sadly.

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #

soooooo---basically we can believe it will not be replacing the Honda ST1300 :toot1::threadbomb1:

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #

Fun conversation, still.

And we will learn of a new ST, assuming there is one, when Honda decides to make an announcement.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
isappointed

Disappointed in the slow erosion of the ST marque. OEM heated grips are no longer available now. Had to put a third party set on the 2004 when one of the OEM grips shorted out.

Comparing the ST to the 2014 FJR list of touring dedicated equipment available as OEM; the ST is becoming very neglected by Honda Corporate.

Re: isappointed

True but price out a 2104 FJR13. I could buy 2 or 3 very nice used ST1300's for the same price. Factory optional Farkles only go so far, especially when the bike is a bigger, heavier, slower motorcycle but that's just my opinion. :p

Bike
2007 ST1300A

I have a strong suspicion that Honda is doing to the ST just what ford did with the almighty Crown Vic. Concentrating on state and government sales and contracts, and letting the private sales slowly fade into the distance. Went to the air show this Saturday and struck up a conversation with two motors guy's out of Elk Grove. They were on BMW's but said they had a couple ST's and that is what their agency is buying now. Same as WSP in Washington state. Same reasons as well, maintenance costs of the beemers are spendy!

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy

True but price out a 2104 FJR13. I could buy 2 or 3 very nice used ST1300's for the same price. Factory optional Farkles only go so far, especially when the bike is a bigger, heavier, slower motorcycle but that's just my opinion. :p
But the bigger, heavier, slower motorcycle is the ST-1300, not the FJR.

Bike
'15 FJR ES

Uh... given the current economy, what luxury item IS selling well?
Many of them are but just to name a few that compare closely to the ST: Harley Davidson everything, Yamaha FJR, Kawasaki Concourse 14, BMW Everything... All those premium motorcycles are finding homes. When you consider the extremely high cost of some of the BMW and Harley offerings they are almost in another league than our STs.

Appalachian

No, the OTHER left!
Bike
Ever evolving

And we will learn of a new ST, assuming there is one, when Honda decides to make an announcement.
We need an animated smiley that is sticking a (this) forum thread with a fork. :D

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #

What does Yamaha have to do with this? LOL ... oh wait, OK.
The same thing that Kawasaki and BMW and Ducati and Triumph and maybe Suzuki have to do with it! :)

Top Bottom