Article [13] ST1300 - Screen Mod

jwayden

John Wayden
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Re: 1300 Screen Mod

kc0bid said:
NOOOO!!! not rain-X I have heard it hurts the plastic. I was told to use pledge instead.
Agree -- no Rain-X on plastic! Plexus also works quite well for keeping the plastic sealed...

Bike
2016 VFR1200X

Has anyone "perfected" this mod? I am looking to try this and wondered what measurements to use for the top and bottom mounts on the screen.

Bike
2016 VFR1200X

After looking at different options for the Screen on the 1300, I decided to try this one by Sabre.
It works great and cost me about $8 for longer bolts, spacers, washers and lock nuts.

SoCalST8

Vendor
Bike
ST1300, ST1100, R1

I almost bought a new windscreen to try to alleviate the back air pressure i been experiencing since I bought my 05 ST 3 weeks ago until I came across this thread. Fabricated the StuStruts with 1.5" alum bar from Home Depot last night and jumped on then freeway for a 15 mile cruise. A big thanks to Stu!

Bike
ST1300
I have only just come across this thread. On Dutch forums for the PAN there has been quite a bit about a wedge that tilts the screen (i.e. wedge is ticker at the bottom than top). E.g. (if you read Dutch): http://www.pksolutions.nl/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14054.

This was developed (according to various threads) by a Dutch frame builder for the Dutch police to solve the pan weave problem, i.e. give better stability at high speeds.

So, a different goal, stability rather than smooth air, but a similar solution: moving the screen forward (although less than posted here) and tilting it (as some here have done).

Pieter

Bike
BMW GS
Does any one still make the brackets for the wind shield?:) so i can purchase them?
It'll cost ya huge money, but I'll make ya a set. I still have to make another set for someone else on here as well.
Just email your shipping address to EaracheMS at Gmail.com

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Could you make me a set also? :please1:.........thinking that's what I need..........thanks..................ff

gepol

Greek Guy
Bike
ST1300A 2008
It'll cost ya huge money, but I'll make ya a set. I still have to make another set for someone else on here as well.
Just email your shipping address to EaracheMS at Gmail.com
I would be interested too, if you are willing to make another. Could you quote me a price including shipping to Athens Greece? (I have Paypal)

Bike
BMW GS
Could you make me a set also? :please1:.........thinking that's what I need..........thanks..................ff
I would be interested too, if you are willing to make another. Could you quote me a price including shipping to Athens Greece? (I have Paypal)
Yes to both of you. Could you please send me your names and shipping addresses to EaracheMS at Gmail.com for me? I don't get one here all that much any more and might miss your messages.

Bike
BMW GS
OK, just made 5 sets and they are all spoken for. No more scrap lying around my shop, so no more will be made.

Sets for:
1) Zoran
2) George
3) Phillip
4) Greg
5) Indian Express (I need your name and shipping address, please email it to me. Your PM box is full)

Will all go out on Saturday or early next week. I still have to powdercoat them.

Bike
BMW GS
Had some oven issues, but got them resolved and coated all of the brackets.
Will ship this weekend.
All are coated in a 50% gloss (satin) black powder. If you want a different color or finish, just spray paint over the powder with multiople thin coats for best results.

Attachments

Top Bottom