OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Nothing to do with age... the Denver area continued to grow even during the recession--traffic load has gone up a lot. When not on travel, my commute time has gone up 50% some evenings and 20% most. I flew home early this morning--I left the airport at 7:15am and it took about 40 minutes to get to I-25 (on westbound I-70). Traffic is so heavy the last few years, and I've been caught in a couple multi-hour commutes, so I now take flights at odd hours to avoid driving across Denver during rush 'hour'. And all the traffic, even in the mountains detracts from my desire to ride... part of the reason I've no Yamaha pictures to post in this thread!
;-)
You are on the west side of town, you got no excuse.;):D

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Just got back to Montana after weekend in Edmonton.....fished two days last week after riding out last Monday, first night at Devil's Tower...second night on the Missouri where I fish....Shenko tire (on rear) holding up really well....life is rough......:D...........ff

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Yamaha Repair.
Well my little Yamaha Girly bike sprung another oil leak at the clutch cover. Surprise that the local Yamaha shop had the parts on hand. Spent the day repairing the Girly bike.

Attachments

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Just got back from NatSToc yesterday and am now working on the 15000 mile service, Completed most of it today. Found out that bleeding and replacing the brake fluid is a lot easier/less complicated, and less time consuming than the ST1300 was. Haved owned my FeeJeR now for 1 and 3/4 years. Still can't find any thing I dislike about it.

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Replaced the rear Shenko with an Avon XD3Xm....will see how this lasts....like all new tires it rides really nice, nice cornering etc....Shenko went 7000miles more or less, held well to the end....gonna head to Edmonton in a week or see and then continue to the coast to visit Styles and few other people...having a great summer so far........ff

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Got home from Laguna Seca last night on my Super-T and the bike is going it for a warranty claim, likely this week. Applying the front brakes lightly at speed causes the whole front fork to vibrate, besides feeling it, I can actually see the whole front end shaking looking down the forks through the faring. Apply the brakes harder reduces it and releasing them eliminates it, so it's not wheel balance. When rolling to a stop there is an obvious pulsation making pulling up smoothly quite difficult.

Pretty sure there's a defective / warped rotor going on here...

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Just returned from a great western trip to SD, WY, ID, MT, WA, OR........ now back home and got the root beer express all cleaned up, oil change coming up.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Got home from Laguna Seca last night on my Super-T and the bike is going it for a warranty claim, likely this week. Applying the front brakes lightly at speed causes the whole front fork to vibrate, besides feeling it, I can actually see the whole front end shaking looking down the forks through the faring. Apply the brakes harder reduces it and releasing them eliminates it, so it's not wheel balance. When rolling to a stop there is an obvious pulsation making pulling up smoothly quite difficult.

Pretty sure there's a defective / warped rotor going on here...
Update: Dealer is blaming the worn front tire so I'm stonewalled. I will install a new tire that I already have and take it back to them. I do not believe it's the tire.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Bummer about that [dealer]. It is trivial to put a runout gage on the disk and spin the front wheel, and to also mic it for thickness around its circumference.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
The dealer is Santa Barbara Motorsports. I did have the same problem with the ST. Something about the way I brake?? Anyway, the Ventura dealer gave me the run around while SBM came to my rescue and quickly fixed it. That and because they are right across the street from my work is why I went there first. I'm going to replace the tire this weekend. 19K on the front tire!

-Jeff

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Looks like Yamaha is going to warranty cover two new front rotors for my pulsing Tenere but are insisting they be paired with new pads, which I kind of get. That's the upside. The downside is I have to pay the labor and for the brake pads. Labor is only an hour, but Yamaha is very proud of their front pads at $60+ for each caliper. I'm going to make them give me the old pads as they are only 50% worn. I'm about 70% satisfied with this outcome but it does leave me wondering a bit about the value of the Y.E.S. warranty I bought.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Yeah, that doesn't seem right... Y.E.S. should pay for the rotors, pads and all the labor, since it was the warped rotors that caused this. Or at least the rotors and labor.

Top Bottom