WI: Tag

It is not an internet search game. There are clubs for that. This is a riding game. My 2 cents.

Greg

Ok google "gold" and "mast" together. The first thing that pops up is the place. Are we suppose to make sure there is image available on the internet before we post something?

Well gold mast gave me nothing. Does it have to be searchable, no. But there should be enough visual clues to find it. How did you find the previous tag location?

Way too far for me to ride there and have a look, but odds would point to Okauchee, Wisconsin. Plenty of water around for the maritime theme - restaurants and inns that would have a parking that size. Too bad I would need 3 days just to get there....

Way too far for me to ride there and have a look, but odds would point to Okauchee, Wisconsin. Plenty of water around for the maritime theme - restaurants and inns that would have a parking that size. Too bad I would need 3 days just to get there....

There you go. How long did your search take?

Not long. :)

BTW, as a new member, I'm not familiar with the etiquette of this game. No intention to break any rules or offend anyone - just trying to be helpful. Time to go out and ride!

Last edited:
If I lived closer I suppose I'd look at the two restaurant possibilities 9 miles apart, but an all day ride (~500miles/8hrs in the saddle).... I'll let you locals play.

Edit: OK, I figured it out. They've repainted the parking lot striping since the satellite pictures. Norb, your hints were fine, in retrospect. I keyed in on 'anchor' and the '1272' marking on it and went "down the rabbit hole!" :eek::

John

Last edited:
Enough of the wailing and mashing of teeth. Went and got this on Sunday...

GoldMastInn.jpg

Old tag was at the Golden Mast Inn on the shores of Okauchee Lake.

New tag is here...

LefeberAntiqueTractors.jpg

Norb, it's good to see new blood in the game. Don't let our *****in' keep you from chasing another tag down...

Enough of the wailing and mashing of teeth. Went and got this on Sunday...

GoldMastInn.jpg

Old tag was at the Golden Mast Inn on the shores of Okauchee Lake.

New tag is here...

LefeberAntiqueTractors.jpg

Norb, it's good to see new blood in the game. Don't let our *****in' keep you from chasing another tag down...

I thought it was gnashing of teeth? Maybe it is mashing, if you are missing some. Might have to check it out. Local area will full of Harleys all weekend. Looks like a gorgeous weekend. Be safe all.

Got it. Calumetville WI. On the eastern side of Lake Winnebago. Largest lake within one state. There you go John, for the fun fact. Riding friend of man-child had no clue the lake was that big. Nice site from that side of the lake. Do not see that when cruising up Hwy 41.
IMG_0374.jpg
New Tag
new tag.jpg

Hint:
hint.jpg

"Hound". " Let the Hunt Begin" Yes these are both clues.

Scooter, thanks for putting the Tag in the city for next letter for the A to Z Game.

Last edited:
I am surprised no one has given me !!!! about my latest tag. Come on Ladies and Gentlemen, you need to slap the newbie down a bit. We will be at WISTOCK Saturday. Working on the Manchild and his friends to leave Friday night. Either way I want some serious "Gnashing of Teeth" when we get there.

I am surprised no one has given me !!!! about my latest tag.

You must know that some of us feel this is a riding game. Not an internet search or game show hint forum. Some internet searching is needed to find the tag by the clues in the picture. Like a tractor coming out of the roof with the business name under it. I had to Google to find the actual location, but it took all of a minute.

Mondo was able to decipher your clues and gave me the name of the place. It still took a while on their website to find a picture that showed the entrance sign that you can barely see in your first picture. No pictures of the nice stone fireplace.

Look forward to meeting you this weekend. I will be kind.

Kevin

I am surprised no one has given me !!!! about my latest tag. Come on Ladies and Gentlemen, you need to slap the newbie down a bit.

I knew where this one was right off the bat. Figured you were just throwing me a bone or something.

It appears you have a fondness for restaurants around the area. I did take the wife there about 32 years ago and the service was so bad that we never did go back. They do have new management now though and we don't look so young anymore so maybe we'd get better treatment now...

I am surprised no one has given me !!!! about my latest tag. Come on Ladies and Gentlemen, you need to slap the newbie down a bit. We will be at WISTOCK Saturday. Working on the Manchild and his friends to leave Friday night. Either way I want some serious "Gnashing of Teeth" when we get there.

The hint is really in the pic of the statues.

There you go John, for the fun fact.
Thanks.
New Tag
Hint:
"Hound". " Let the Hunt Begin" Yes these are both clues.

Hmm... "let the hunt begin" hound statue in front of (restaurant/hotel/motel/business/residence?) building with vertical timbers and large stone fireplace chimney somewhere in Wisconsin (in any and all variations/combinations).... Nope, 'no joy' and I'll again remind myself again to leave the WI tags to the locals. :)

What Kevin said above about the tag games...

John

Last edited:
Thanks.

Hmm... "let the hunt begin" hound statue in front of (restaurant/hotel/motel/business/residence?) building with vertical timbers and large stone fireplace chimney somewhere in Wisconsin (in any and all variations/combinations).... Nope, 'no joy' and I'll again remind myself again to leave the WI tags to the locals. :)

What Kevin said above about the tag games...

John

Did you see the small statue next to the hound?

Did you see the small statue next to the hound?
I too fail art appreciation 101....as a side note someone bring it a little closer to the Mississippi side of the state so I have an excuse to fried cheesecurds......have fun........ff

Back
Top Bottom