OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sat on one today, seemed very neutral, which is good. No time for a test ride, they wanted 11,199 for the GT.

Bike
VStrom 650
Sounds like the US of A get a better deal from Yamaha than us poor right siders.
It's about the same price in £'s over here, so add about 30% to your price if you were to buy one here.
And yes, they're lovely. But probably no good for two up touring.
You're going to buy one aren't you, and I'm going to be envious aren't I?
Upt'North.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sounds like the US of A get a better deal from Yamaha than us poor right siders.
It's about the same price in £'s over here, so add about 30% to your price if you were to buy one here.
And yes, they're lovely. But probably no good for two up touring.
You're going to buy one aren't you, and I'm going to be envious aren't I?
Upt'North.
Lol no, but it's the only bike that's intrigued me in a while...maybe next year..

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Took a Tracer for a test ride today... really liked the bike, very light feeling. A couple days ago I tested a Tiger 800XRt and wanted to like that but it just didn't spark my interest as much as the Tracer. I liked the engine more and it felt more like a small Super Tenere to me than a different bike.. if that makes any sense.

Now, will I get one? Not sure... I'd love to have it as a light/middle weight sport tourer. I'm seriously considering it... just haven't justified it fully in my mind yet... tomorrow may be a different story lol. I would want a slightly taller screen but not much else. The GT has the integrated side bags which is nice, they tuck in nicely and without them it also looks great.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Took a Tracer for a test ride today... really liked the bike, very light feeling. A couple days ago I tested a Tiger 800XRt and wanted to like that but it just didn't spark my interest as much as the Tracer. I liked the engine more and it felt more like a small Super Tenere to me than a different bike.. if that makes any sense.

Now, will I get one? Not sure... I'd love to have it as a light/middle weight sport tourer. I'm seriously considering it... just haven't justified it fully in my mind yet... tomorrow may be a different story lol. I would want a slightly taller screen but not much else. The GT has the integrated side bags which is nice, they tuck in nicely and without them it also looks great.
You're NOT helping Joe!! ;)

As a lightweight tourer, I wonder how it handles at speed around big trucks and wind, compared to the ST?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
You're NOT helping Joe!! ;)

As a lightweight tourer, I wonder how it handles at speed around big trucks and wind, compared to the ST?
Every bike I've had has some issues with that scenario. I don't really worry too much.
FYI - I know a lot of Super Ten guys buy from a dealer in AL due to his no nonsense price. I called 3 DFW dealers - one in Longview and one in Conroe and they would ALL match the AL price.. it was 12k not including TTL... which isn't bad since the first quote was almost 15K.

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Every bike I've had has some issues with that scenario. I don't really worry too much.
FYI - I know a lot of Super Ten guys buy from a dealer in AL due to his no nonsense price. I called 3 DFW dealers - one in Longview and one in Conroe and they would ALL match the AL price.. it was 12k not including TTL... which isn't bad since the first quote was almost 15K.
So, they're only coming $1000 off the list price of $12,999?

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles

Did the Tracer have the larger touring screen on it?

I've read that you can fit the FJR's side bag lids on, that are deeper.

Chris

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Did the Tracer have the larger touring screen on it?

I've read that you can fit the FJR's side bag lids on, that are deeper.

Chris
No, it just had the std screen. I've heard that about the lids too but they are fine to me as is.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
The list price in Canada is C$14,600. One dealer saying C$15,153 OTD (freight & PDI incl., tax extra). You can swap the entire FJR bag, or swap lids with 4 -5/32" rivets each lid. FJR lids get you 30litres but do look a little fatter (rounded instead of flat). I would get a touring screen as well. Stock screen all the way down was very clean air, but the bugs accumulated quickly on my visor, LOL.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
I looked up and found a review you'll all enjoy.

This is a Portuguese reviewer, Cager on Two Wheels. His reviews are unique. No one else is like him. When you finish with this one, you might want to look at some of his other reviews. There's nothing reserved about him.

Chris

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Thanks for posting that review Daboo, I'd not seen it. I've watched quite a few on the Tracer 900, and they all sing it's praises, but that's one of the better ones. I liked how he rode around town first to show its agility... he made one u-turn that looked pretty tight. I'm surprised he didn't mention the quickshifter, but maybe he didn't know about it. From all I've seen and read, it seems Yamaha has a real winner here.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Thanks for posting that review Daboo, I'd not seen it. I've watched quite a few on the Tracer 900, and they all sing it's praises, but that's one of the better ones. I liked how he rode around town first to show its agility... he made one u-turn that looked pretty tight. I'm surprised he didn't mention the quickshifter, but maybe he didn't know about it. From all I've seen and read, it seems Yamaha has a real winner here.
Yeah the Tiger 800 and Tracer 900 were both very easy to do u-turns... no practice needed... it feels like turning a toy compared to big STs or Adv bikes.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
He actually did mention the quick shifter, just didn't call it that. Maybe it was lost in the translation. English is not his first language.

Chris

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Also, the quickshifter is only on the GT version.. along with different suspension.

Bike
VStrom 650
Mellow, could this upset the plan? Sounds like a 700 twin beauty. That's Nick Sanders on it and from memory he's only about 5'9" so might not be too tall for the average human. Not that you're only average of course!
Upt'North.
Yamaha_T7.jpg

Top Bottom