Bought something new...

FQREFwY.jpg

Just got it today. In great condition, only 1600 miles. Needs a real good cleaning new tires and probably new brake and fuel lines. It runs great right now, really great condition overall.

It's a 1973. I love the old school Hondas, and this is a little more out of the ordinary than a CB750 which pretty popular these days.

Glad I found one that is pretty much cherry, just needs a little love. Won't ride it too much, definitely not gonna get caught in the rain with it.

Fun to ride, light & simple. You will get lot of compliments. Cheap.... and you won't lose money on it. Have I missed anything? Well Done!

A classic UJM! That's a beaut! Love the color and the obvious resemblance to the 750-4. Much nicer than the 450 Scrambler. Well done!

That's the very bike I wanted back in 1973. I had to settle for the CB350 because it was all I could afford. I rode the heck out of that 350 including a trip from central NJ to Quebec. I didn't put as many miles on in any year as I did that first year on my little Honda until I bought the ST1300.

I still want a CB350 or CB450. I think they're just beautiful, but my memories would probably be disappointed by reality if I actually had one.

FQREFwY.jpg

Just got it today. In great condition, only 1600 miles. Needs a real good cleaning new tires and probably new brake and fuel lines. It runs great right now, really great condition overall.
Looks like a commute vehicle to me. Beautiful!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My first and only new motorcycle was a 1970 Honda CB450. The first year of the disk brake on those bikes. The engine design is very interesting, double overhead cam with torsion bar valve springs. I think at the time they were rated at 45 HP. Great bike. Oh and what you paid is 3.4 times what I paid for mine new in 1970.

Grabcon said:
Oh and what you paid is 3.4 times what I paid for mine new in 1970.
So that would be $1000 and that's roughly $6539.10 in 2018 $$. Joey did OK. Just sayin'.

I truly think the price of these things is immaterial, it is just about the same as anything in life it's how much you want it. You'd spend ten times that much on a car and 100 times that on a home, but you would get less enjoyment from them. Joey, I bet you'll get more then $3400.00 worth of fun out of that.
People are asking daft money for "Classic" bikes over here, £25000.00 for a 750KO anyone, £20000.00 for a 750H2? I include a picture below of a bike Dave Silvers is selling in the UK, he imports them from the States, its going as is for £2200.00, is it mad or is it somebodies Christmas come early? You enjoy it Joey, and wring its neck.
Upt'North.
102259_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
FQREFwY.jpg

Wow! Beautiful condition old "Big Black Bomber" as they were called in the UK. I don't think they were imported into the UK in the 1970s as I only remember them with drum brakes. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom