Top Case for the ST1300

I purchased a 2007 ST-1300 from a private seller recently, and it came with a backrest installed, but no top case. However, I noted that many ST-1300's online have a top-case. Q: did the original bike come with a top case, or is it an add-on accessory sold as a non-Honda product? Or as a Honda product? How much do they cost new and used? Thanks. Trophimus.

Trophimus, they're after market.
Honda may still sell them for the 13, they weren't cheap but were good and looked nice in the same colour.
Also check out Givi, these are good quality.
You'll need a base plate regardless of make.
Hope it helps.
Upt'North.

I purchased a 2007 ST-1300 from a private seller recently, and it came with a backrest installed, but no top case. However, I noted that many ST-1300's online have a top-case. Q: did the original bike come with a top case, or is it an add-on accessory sold as a non-Honda product? Or as a Honda product? How much do they cost new and used? Thanks. Trophimus.
Top case is an add on. Cost was $600+. Don't believe they are available new any longer though you could search the forums here and gain more information. One member here has installed the case for an CTX1300 which I believe is still available.

Watch eBay and such for the factory box....they show up occasionally.
And there is a smaller version that replaces the passenger seat. It's called a Corbin Smuggler.

Last edited:
If I were looking for a large new top case,,, I would take a close look at the Shad expandable model. I could have used a bit more space on the last trip, with my Givi 52. And,, while the Shad's quality looks the same as Honda's and Givi's,,, the styling of the Shad is more appealing than the Givi,,, imho. It looks as good to me as the oem box,,, but has the added features of lower price and expansion when needed.,, cheers, Cat'

Catmandu2 said:
I would take a close look at the Shad expandable model.
+1 There's a member review somewhere here. I like that it expands to about 58L and collapses to about 46L. It's a good looking case all around if that's a consideration (it would be to me). If you want to carry something bigger than what would fit in a Smuggler the Shad is a huge bang for the buck.

I have a GIVI 46 sitting in my basement doing absolutely nothing. LED's and mounting bracket included.
I had it on my 2010. If your still looking.

Anybody with a SHAD 58X/59X... What mount did you get to mate it to an ST1300? I don't see a fitment listed at the SHAD site. (The ST is old.)

I have a Kappa like this. Made by GIVI just not as shiny and quite a bit cheaper. Fits the Givi monokey mount. I like it better than the last Shad I owned.

I know a guy that has a black one for sale. Think he wants $500 though - Located in Denton TX. I would like it but not worth the $ when I already have an aftermarket and only use it 1 trip a year

Well, the decision to have or not to have a top case is dependent upon the need. Right now, I see my riding as a 50 mile-100 mile radius, so it is really not needed. Also, I don't know if the Mrs. will become my 'pillion' or not. If not, I can remove the sissy seat that's on the ST and get that Corbin Smuggler, which is so cool it makes me drool. Then again, I think I need to get a new seat because the OEM seat allows me only about 50 miles before my butt is burning. Not 'Iron Butt" but "Fire Butt". If I get the Corbin seat, will that allow me to travel farther? And if so, then the top case would be useful for an overnighter. Decision, decisions. Here's my bike:241185

Here's some more drool fodder........
Beware the Corbin seats are shaped ok...but most feel they lack padding. Better than stock, just my two cents worth.
ToddC
Here's my silver one from a couple years ago. T

Last edited:
Well, the decision to have or not to have a top case is dependent upon the need. Right now, I see my riding as a 50 mile-100 mile radius, so it is really not needed. Also, I don't know if the Mrs. will become my 'pillion' or not. If not, I can remove the sissy seat that's on the ST and get that Corbin Smuggler, which is so cool it makes me drool. Then again, I think I need to get a new seat because the OEM seat allows me only about 50 miles before my butt is burning. Not 'Iron Butt" but "Fire Butt". If I get the Corbin seat, will that allow me to travel farther? And if so, then the top case would be useful for an overnighter. Decision, decisions. Here's my bike:241185
You're not alone. I'm lucky to get 50 miles out of the stock seat.
Many good options including Russell Day Long, Rick Meyer, Laam, Top Sellerie, Spencer mod, etc etc.
Well worth the investment.
Before you know it you might be knockin' off 1000 mile days. :)

As others pointed out top boxes are aftermarket. There was a Honda one which was actually made by Givi for Honda but they were only available in Europe. So the only way the ones here showed up here is people imported them. I want to say a rumor on the street was a ST1300 with the Honda top box has more cargo capacity of a like model year Goldwing and that was one reason they didn't sell them here. Again fully a rumor, but being the ST is really targeted for the European market more than the US and not wanting to eat into GW sales it is possible. My 03 which was totaled out many years ago had the Givi 52. It worked well and was on the bike when I bought it. My 06 has the Honda one from Europe with all the options (backrest, spoiler, 3rd brake light, ect)

As for seat. I had a stock seat which killed me after 100 or so miles. That one saw a Spencer mod many years ago and turned into my 500 mile seat/commuter. I also have a Russell Day Long which is my 1000+ mile seat. The Russell is a double edged sword with pros and cons. It is great for big mile days but isn't that great for commuting or shorter rides. The wings offer great support but get in the way with stop and go traffic. Also the leather needs more protection than the OEM vinyl seat that the Spencer Mod retains. The Russell will also likely raise your seated position. I have 36" inseams and have a hard time reaching the ground with the seat adjusted all the way up with the Russell. So my seat positions are all the way up for my OEM with Spencer mod and mid or all the way down for the Russell.

I have a Corbin that fits my 1100s. It is OK but I normally have the OEMs on those bikes. They are not long range bikes for me. I find it very hard like a horse saddle. It may work for you but I don't like it as much as the other seats I have on my 1300. Never tried one on a 1300.

Just went to the Corbin site. Front saddle for ST1300 without heater is $393, with heater $497. Smuggler Trunk $953. So for new Corbin seat and Smuggler trunk, I could be out $1346 plus tax and shipping. These items may have to wait a while.

Back
Top Bottom