Top Case for the ST1300

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Just went to the Corbin site. Front saddle for ST1300 without heater is $393, with heater $497. Smuggler Trunk $953. So for new Corbin seat and Smuggler trunk, I could be out $1346 plus tax and shipping. These items may have to wait a while.
Insanity. That kind of money could net you a fine running ST motorcycle.
Check the classifieds on this forum and be patient.
I like the Corbin smuggler but the retail price is ludicrous.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Just went to the Corbin site. Front saddle for ST1300 without heater is $393, with heater $497. Smuggler Trunk $953. So for new Corbin seat and Smuggler trunk, I could be out $1346 plus tax and shipping. These items may have to wait a while.
I have been able to find three Smuggler trunks in the last five years...all for under $450 each. Just keep looking. There is a silver 07 with a smuggler on the Wenatchee WA Craigslist right now.
T

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Just to ring in here, I've got a Givi V46 Monokey top case (neutral gray color) with LED brake light and Givi backrest available. $100 local pick up or meet up due to the shipping expense.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
I just do NOT understand Corbin’s pricing rationale on this item.

If they sold it for 1/3 of the money they would sell every single one they could make - but at nearly $1000 USD - there is no prospect whatsoever that most people could/would or should afford one.

For goodness sakes, it’s a nicely made little fibreglas box with some brackets - it’s not a frickin’ Faberge egg encrusted with jewels, ivory and gold. I could put another vintage Yamaha XS650 on the road for that kind of money....

....hmmmmmm.....

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
...was a Honda one which was actually made by Givi for Honda but they were only available in Europe.
Given I'm in Europe, and the bike came with a top box, I've never known the brand. Anyone know a way to tell?

For info, I have the Honda branded saddle bag inserts, and a matching one for the top box. The top box also has a Honda branded carpet inside. Also has a pillion back rest on the front of it. So I'm thinking it's Givi/OEM?

I also have metal bars mounted to the top of the top box, and it's too small to for my helmet in.

If that spoiler fits my top box, I'll keep an eye out for unicorns crossing my path...

Bike
2022 BMW R1250RT
+1 There's a member review somewhere here. I like that it expands to about 58L and collapses to about 46L. It's a good looking case all around if that's a consideration (it would be to me). If you want to carry something bigger than what would fit in a Smuggler the Shad is a huge bang for the buck.
I own a Shad expandable that I bought last fall. At the time that I bought it the Shad website listed a mounting kit that I also ordered. The mounting kit never showed up and I eventually got an apology and a statement the they were out of stock and never to be made again. I made a mount from an easter european rack kit. A couple months later I got a call saying that they found on and did I want it? Of course I did as I had mickey moused a mounting and the box sat a little higher than I liked. In the meantime the box quickly began to have trouble latching open fully and I returned it to the vendor and ordered another. This one works perfectly and I used the credit with Revzilla to buy tires. The new box has worked very well for 5 months now and holds a large helmet or bags of groceries easily.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Given I'm in Europe, and the bike came with a top box, I've never known the brand. Anyone know a way to tell?

For info, I have the Honda branded saddle bag inserts, and a matching one for the top box. The top box also has a Honda branded carpet inside. Also has a pillion back rest on the front of it. So I'm thinking it's Givi/OEM?

I also have metal bars mounted to the top of the top box, and it's too small to for my helmet in.

If that spoiler fits my top box, I'll keep an eye out for unicorns crossing my path...
Everything on them was branded with Honda logos but they didn't make them. For mine I have the pillion backrest, luggage rack on top, carpet inside, soft bag for inside as well as the spoiler with brake light.

I know a guy that has a black one for sale. Think he wants $500 though - Located in Denton TX. I would like it but not worth the $ when I already have an aftermarket and only use it 1 trip a year
I’d be interested in talking to the guy. Can you have them call me 626-658-6014. Thanks Adam

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Do you realize that post was from June 28, 2019? Look just above the message for the date posted.

Do you realize that post was from June 28, 2019? Look just above the message for the date posted.
Lol....That’s funny no I didn’t. I’m only a few days into this forum. So I’m thinking he doesn’t have it anymore?

Top Bottom