New Sport Touring Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
This looks interesting. I think it was just announced today, happened to see it on a news feed. No USA price yet. $13,799 for the GT+.

1632329974054.png 1632329854327.png

1632330081758.png

Last edited:
A refined Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve manages flow from the mid-chamber into the muffler, while the sculpted muffler has a pleasing appearance that’s uncommon to under-chassis exhausts and creates an exciting, distinctive sound that won't overpower the rider and passenger's senses.

I see a farkling opportunity on the horizon.

I kind of agree with UP, insofar as the chain drive. Saves weight, and more importantly cost, I would guess.
But in my mind, especially after owning the ST, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect a few more new bike offerings with shaft drive?
That, to me, emphasizes the Touring aspect.
Still, not too insect-y looking for a new bike, so there's that.

Been starting to get the new bike itch, will have to give this a look.
Really don't care about chain drive or not. Tire change time, the chain is simpler to deal with.

A set of bags and handlebar risers do not make a sport bike a sport tourer. There will be some riders happy to tour on it I’m sure, like those that toured on Hayabusas and Blackbirds.

A set of bags and handlebar risers do not make a sport bike a sport tourer. There will be some riders happy to tour on it I’m sure, like those that toured on Hayabusas [CENSORED] and Blackbirds.
I will acknowledge it's early yet for this GT, but fair warning, Dave.
You are bordering on blasphemy! :biggrin:
R.I.P. XX.

I test rode the earlier version, before they added the bags and the “GT” to the name. It was light and quick, but hanging bags on it doesn’t make it a tourer.

John

Too bad it doesn't have a shaft! If I ever get another bike (it could happen!) it will probably be an FJR or R1200 RT. But it will have shaft drive and adjustable windshield!

Reactions: ATA
Back
Top Bottom