Road Runner Magazine 2023 Mileage Masters Contest Winners Announced

Bike
R1200rt
Jun ‘23 issue and ran through the end of the Oct ‘23 ,, that's pretty good for 5 months . I'll bet one of the Toms can top that!:bump:

Comical stuff, Chris Hopper did 100,000 miles in a hundred days. IBA certified or certifiable ???

RocketMan

so many roads...
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Well, just noticing this now. I obviously don't spend as much time here as I used to.
Thanks for noticing everyone.
It was a nice surprise. New set of Bridgestone tires and a SW-Motech tank bag.
I know that the winning mileages were low (there are A LOT of people who ride way more than I do) but I also know that many people don't enter contests.
27,350 has been about my average over the past 14 years which isn't bad in the Great White North plus factoring in the COVID years, the year I got t-boned (August 21), and the year I got a new hip (May 31). Best year was 51,900 in 2017.
2023 I did three big rides. Two for Iron Butt National Parks Tour and one to Dallas for an IBA event. Otherwise lots of little local rides.
Here's the link - https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/45d7-1a7fc5db-23f3/view

It would seem RoadRunner isn't doing the contest this year and that's a shame as I expect many more people would have entered this year seeing the low winning totals from 2023. Free tires are always a bonus.

Bruce

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Comical stuff, Chris Hopper did 100,000 miles in a hundred days. IBA certified or certifiable ???
Is that even possible? What was he riding and when did he have maintenance done? That's at least 8 sets of tires and 13 oil changes, couple valve checks, several sets of brake pads. Heck when did he pee and sleep?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Is that even possible? What was he riding and when did he have maintenance done? That's at least 8 sets of tires and 13 oil changes, couple valve checks, several sets of brake pads. Heck when did he pee and sleep?
He would have to have support - pull into a rest stop, abandon the bike for bed and food while the crew changes the oil, tires, and whatever else needs attention. Oh, and he probably has high octane urine. To do that kind of mileage, day after day after day for 3 months+, you have to be able to put your mind in a meditative state - be aware and reactive while tuning out all extraneous distractions. Or have Tesla's auto pilot that was not released for bikes. What? Me worry?

I never said they where "normal" people...lol. Nothing like riding 500 miles for a burger, then 500 back home. IBA also has a pie exchange ride. Each guy, or gal ride 500 miles to meet. Exchange pies, then 500 back home.

Top Bottom